Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
I preordered through Gameagent since it was only €33,99 (dollar price was 59,99 though?) and came with the Mechromancer pack. I got the Steam key in mail now, but it says it can't be activated because the game hasn't been officially released yet :/

tredstone

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
It's out on Steam now. I still get an error when I try to activate it on Steam though, says it hasn't been released yet. :rolleyes:

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Borderlands 2 runs very well, feels like a quality port.
For some reason I cannot get my steam cloud saves, but that might as well be steam having issues.

I've run into a "funny" bug, not that it does anything tho:
borderlands500mhz.jpg

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
Borderlands 2 runs very well, feels like a quality port.
For some reason I cannot get my steam cloud saves, but that might as well be steam having issues.

I've run into a "funny" bug, not that it does anything tho:
borderlands500mhz.jpg

That is unexpected. :p

Well, maybe I should try running it on my MacBook.

padré

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
I've been playing the windows version for a while now and have been looking forward to the mac port. Overall I'm really glad with the work they did. I have a mid 2010 27" imac (i7, 8 gig ram and a ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB).

In windows I run this game with all settings maxed out (and the physix set to medium) and it runs extremely well on native resolution.

The mac versions runs at 1900 x 1080 with everything else's maxed and physix on low and it runs really good. Overall I'm extremely pleased with the port.

The thing bothering me most is that I have to make a new character and can't continue with my pc character. Perhaps (or hopefully) they'll fix that, cause I'd love to continue with my existing character!

Cheers,

Brun

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
In windows I run this game with all settings maxed out (and the physix set to medium) and it runs extremely well on native resolution.

If maxed out (2650x1440) on a HD5750 and physx medium on GPU (i7-870) is running extremely well, then we have a very different viewpoint what "well" is.

padré

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
If maxed out (2650x1440) on a HD5750 and physx medium on GPU (i7-870) is running extremely well, then we have a very different viewpoint what "well" is.

Well I get 30 - 40 frames per second, which (at least for my personal taste) is "well" or "rather good"... I did forgot to say that I don't use the FXAA but I use an overlay SMAA mod to achieve similar (but less demanding) results.

I assume you have the same setup as I have, so does a friend of mine, he has the exact same build-to-order iMac as I have and we've noticed a weird thing. There are games that perform really well on my iMac, but run rather bad on his iMac (once again, the exacts same build as my iMac).

Anyhow, as I said, I'm happy with the frame rate I'm getting.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Any way of getting controller support in the mac version and is there a way I can bring my Necromancer over from my PC save ?

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Any way of getting controller support in the mac version and is there a way I can bring my Necromancer over from my PC save ?

I copied my PC saves over and they work.
Pc saves-> Documents/My Games/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/SaveData/
Mac Saves-> "user"/Library/App Support/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/SaveData/

I thought steam cloud should do this automatically, but doesn't seem like it does

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I copied my PC saves over and they work.
Pc saves-> Documents/My Games/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/SaveData/
Mac Saves-> "user"/Library/App Support/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/SaveData/

I thought steam cloud should do this automatically, but doesn't seem like it does

Thank you that worked a treat. Yeah I know, what's the point of steam cloud if it can't do this ?

AspyrRyan

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
Austin, TX
Since the PC and Mac versions aren't always on the same patch, they're on separate Steam Clouds to prevent issues with taking saves from a newer version back to an older version.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Since the PC and Mac versions aren't always on the same patch, they're on separate Steam Clouds to prevent issues with taking saves from a newer version back to an older version.

I guess that makes sence :)

What about the error where it says that "Borderlands requires a PowerPC processor running at 500MHz or faster" popup?
I know that my machine aren't supported, but that message must be a bug, as I doubt my old PowerMac G4 would run this :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Looks great on Mac but I simply cant play with keyboard & mouse. Tried setting it up with gamepad companion but it causes bad graphical glitches in the game.

Think I'll have to continue this one on bootcamp side. Also framerate is better on PC side too, but not hugely.

labars

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
Looks great on Mac but I simply cant play with keyboard & mouse. Tried setting it up with gamepad companion but it causes bad graphical glitches in the game.

Think I'll have to continue this one on bootcamp side. Also framerate is better on PC side too, but not hugely.

Wow, I didn't know there were people who actually preferred playing FPS games with a controller instead of Keyboard/Mouse. You have so much more precision with a mouse, so like, why ?

iMarvin

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2011
On the internet!
Just got borderlands 2 running on my mac mini 2012, works surprisingly well. I can play at 1080p, but i do get some lag when there is a lot of stuff going on. But since it's only a integrated graphics card i'm more that pleased! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.