Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VanneDC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Dubai, UAE
i would have sold the PM, unless ofcourse you like the wind tunnel that it is. in that case, you could still sell it, and move to live underneath the landing flightpath of an airport and you will feel right at home. :p

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Yeah the Dual G4 took bit too room and was bit too noisy for the power it offered. It was not my fastest Mac or desktop machine so it there was no reason to keep it. PowerBook G4 on the other hand takes little room so even if I wouldn't use it that much it does not bother :) My MBP's charger popped yesterday so spare laptop is always good thing, waiting for new charger.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
That all turns the funny movie with the guy searching for twinkies in a zombie world in a total other perspective. :)

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Ended up selling all of these so now my only Mac is MBP 2007. There was just no use for even that PowerBook. PowerBook gained lots of attention with different type of offers, even though I discovered this fault in it:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1493332/

It did not stop the sale and I got pretty decent price for it. I pointed out that there are compatible topcases on eBay if the buyer wants to replace the touchpad board. It is still working after putting couple layers of paper there to create pressure.

I'm pretty sure I will still end up buying PPC machines in the future if I see a good deal, even though I really don't need one :)

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
Ended up selling all of these so now my only Mac is MBP 2007. There was just no use for even that PowerBook. PowerBook gained lots of attention with different type of offers, even though I discovered this fault in it:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1493332/

It did not stop the sale and I got pretty decent price for it. I pointed out that there are compatible topcases on eBay if the buyer wants to replace the touchpad board. It is still working after putting couple layers of paper there to create pressure.

I'm pretty sure I will still end up buying PPC machines in the future if I see a good deal, even though I really don't need one :)

Glad it all worked out :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.