Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaeljohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
I prefer black but didn't want to mess with potential scuffing and fingerprints all the time, so I got the white. I actually liked it so much that I got my iPad mini in white too.

Jusfer

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
USA Intermountain West
I had a white iPhone 3G and loved it, but that did not have any white panel around the screen.

For my future 5 I am again considering white but am afraid the white panel around the screen will blind me when I use it outdoors in sunlight.

Any experience with that issue?

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I have the white one, and I want the black one. As one reviewer said, the white one looks too feminine, too much like jewelry. The black is sexy.

I've never understood this. The white is a great color, who cares what some reviewer says? :confused: If you like the way it looks get it! I switch colors on each launch. I'm on Black now but I loved my white 4s and I'm a 24 yr old dude.

Faize

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2011
Scuff issues aside, I never really liked the black one - for some reason, the metallic "slate" parts remind me of the charred remains of a car that's been targeted by an arsonist.

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
This made me LOL.

I did hear that they make the white ones in the Tier 1 Foxconn plan where only tenured foxconn employees work and only after having had 8-10 hours of sleep and a hearty breakfast to ensure proper nutrients for assembling the "white" phones.

:rolleyes:

----------

All joking aside, I have yet to see a white one in person.

I am glad you like the white one. I may venture into that territory for the next iphone

I mentioned this because of a) the various posts on white vs black quality and b) the quality control - my previous iPhones were manufactured in August and this one was October, and far better made. Not saying it's factual, but I thought I should tell people my findings all the same...

----------

I had a white iPhone 3G and loved it, but that did not have any white panel around the screen.

For my future 5 I am again considering white but am afraid the white panel around the screen will blind me when I use it outdoors in sunlight.

Any experience with that issue?

Couldn't say as we've had nothing but rain since I got it Monday!

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
I haven't had any problems with the white blinding me in sunlight. If the sun was that bright I probably couldn't read the screen anyway. I am a 40 yr old dude with a white naked iphone 5 and I don't feel feminine at all because of the color. I have always had black in the past and this time around I wanted a change (plus the white was the only one in stock in October when I got it). I am glad because all the scratching aside, I actually prefer the look of the white with aluminum back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.