Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rransome

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
Not Fixed!

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple has released a minor update to OS X Mountain Lion, fixing "an issue with Keychain that can affect 2012 Mac systems." The update weighs in at 26.65MB and can be downloaded through Apple's support site or the Mac App Store.
Apple previously released OS X v10.8.2 Supplemental Update 1.0 at the beginning of October.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0

This is not fixed! After spending 1+ hours on the phone with Apple I tried this "FIX" with my NEW Mac mini and I got the same error.
A New Mac and no still access to iPhoto and Aperture!
The engineers that screwed up on this should be spending their Holiday fixing this problem.
Apple- "Mr. Cook", you are loosing your credibility! Fix it.:(

RiderX

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
As this fixed the inconvenience that is 2012 Macs hibernating after a certain amount of time in sleep mode? Kinda pi**es me off that it goes into hibernate. Might as well just shut it down. -_-

Not a bug, but a feature.

You can fix it yourself with the pmset command.

locoboi187

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2012
9 hours :D

although probably unrelated to the update lol

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-21 at 12.10.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-21 at 12.10.25 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 370

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
You mean I won't have to enter my keychain password eighteen times a day like I've been doing for the past week? Wow, ML really is good!

I have a 2011 MBP 13" and have to enter the password in iTunes several times a day since of a few months. Any thoughts?

yogeewan

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
Not available for 15" cMBP 2012

Am not seeing the update on my 2012 15" cMBP running 10.8.2

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
My late 2007 iMac (just barely within specs) almost crashed when I tried to install 10.8. Went back to Lion.
I'm thinking about trying again with 10.8.2, but it may just be time to get a new computer - oh wait, I can't afford it. haha

I have to live vicariously through my friends with newer systems.

ctone

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2006
I have a 2012 Mini that I was able to update to 10.8.2 before they pulled it. Software update did not find this new update, but I was able to download and install from the Apple download site - same issue with the previous 10.8.2 installer.

Apple really seems to keep messing this one up in many ways. Is software update through the App Store usually this wrong?

Mic'sBook

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2010
Hong Kong
When I was using Mac OS X Snow Leopard, I could view what software updates I had installed (System Preferences -> Software Update). But in OS X Mountain Lion, it seems I can't do the same thing? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

----------

24 hours after it was released and it still doesn't show up in App Store/Software Update for me :confused:

Same here (Hong Kong).

Hungry&Foolish

Suspended
Mar 29, 2012
When I was using Mac OS X Snow Leopard, I could view what software updates I had installed (System Preferences -> Software Update). But in OS X Mountain Lion, it seems I can't do the same thing? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

----------

About this Mac - More Info - System report - Software - Installations.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland

Not the most intuitive way, but here it is:

Drive name/Library/Receipts/InstallHistory.plist

p.s.: The alternative posted above is even better in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.