Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Click for larger​
Bloomberg reports that Apple's ambitious Spaceship-like campus will likely be delayed until 2016. The project was originally revealed back in June and was presented to the Cupertino city council by Steve Jobs himself.
Apple Inc. (AAPL) said the construction of a new spaceship-like headquarters with a circular design in Cupertino, California, won't be completed until mid-2016, later than originally projected, as the company revises its plans.
The new campus was originally targeted for completion by 2015, but November filing made city approval unlikely by the originally planned dates.

Bloomberg reports the new plans show no major changes to the original campus plans, but does include some additional parking, more landscaped area and other small changes. The main four-story building remains the same circular shape as shown above.

Article Link: Apple 'Spaceship' Campus Unlikely to Open Before 2016

tdtran1025

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2011
The empire will have crumbled by then by its own ambition and mistreatment to employees.

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
Wow, they can't do anything on time anymore.

It states the design is being changed. Did you want them to start building something they didn't want?

There are a dozen reasons why a project gets delayed, none of which would be the fault of the client (Apple).

sputnikv

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009

you're implying that apple does the construction documents, hires consultants, contractors, workers and is responsible for the completion date all while being exempt from any municipal procedure that can delay the multiple-year long process unintentionally. please

regarding apple not doing anything on time anymore, while there may be some truth to that, i think it's fairer to say that we're more aware given we try to squeeze any bit of information we can about them and their projects - rumours especially

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I'm curious to know how the members of the Cupertino city council sat quietly during a presentation from a ghost.

neupane00

macrumors member
May 8, 2008
RE: Back in june --> I have to agree. Lot of basic mistakes these days. Wonder whats going on !!

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Doesn't look much like a spaceship, although intriguing idea. Leave it to Apple to innovate anything possible - in this scenario - their own corporate building....

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Which is why MacRumors should hire guys like us to catch these errors. What are these positions called again.... Oh yeah, proofreaders! :D

Anyway, I was hoping to take a ride on this mothership. Sucks that we have to wait another year. :(

Technically, the position is actually called "copy editor".

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Which is why MacRumors should hire guys like us to catch these errors. What are these positions called again.... Oh yeah, proofreaders!

Copy editors. A copy editor is a kind of proofreader I suppose, but their job is also about enforcing a degree of stylistic uniformity within a publication.

(Edit: Bill Killer beat me to the punch.)

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010

really? was Mountain Lion late? the new ipad? the iphone 5? ipod? macbook pros?

not that im aware of. seems youd like the latest macs sooner, but i dont know that those could even be classified as late if they dont have a set launch date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.