Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbatty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Evening Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any clue on delivery of these to doorsteps/apple stores in the UK?

I pre-ordered, and am still showing dispatch 3-5 business days, delivery 22nd-26th.

Anyone else got anything different?

mbatty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Same story here. Did either of you have 1-3 day delivery?

I am getting a 64GB with engraving + smart cover + 3 sim...

Just says "Processing items: Dispatched 3 - 5 business days, Delivers 22 Nov, 2012 - 26 Nov, 2012...

I've asked for delivery to my place of work though, so hoping for either this Friday or next Monday...

Davirdv

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
That's what mine says, just wondering as I paid £15 for 1-3 day pre 9:30am delivery. I'm awaiting a 16gb. Bought my 3sim from Argos this morning lol.

mbatty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
That's what mine says, just wondering as I paid £15 for 1-3 day pre 9:30am delivery. I'm awaiting a 16gb. Bought my 3sim from Argos this morning lol.

Sorry, I didn't understand. Didn't even know that option was available.

Davirdv

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
Yeh, I leave the house at 10am so pre 9:30 works well for me. I also thought having 1-3 day delivery wouldn't hurt but it seams it makes no difference.

Steveh2780

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
Uk
Hi guys, mine is still showing as Processing Items. Despatch in 5 business days with estimated delivery Tues 27/11/12. Ordered 17/11/12.
I paid the £8 extra for Express delivery but have been told by apple that this will not speed up delivery, and they will arrange refund of the £8 once I receive the ipad.
iPad 4 LTE 64GB White

----------

Wondering if these may be in the apple stores by Friday? If that's the case I may cancel my order and buy in store

KiranB

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Birmingham UK
Hey guys placed my order 31st october .. today it says preparing for shipment and 22-26Nov however no tracking ID yet .. i'm hoping it arrives tomorrow, however also hoping the black friday sale doesnt have any discounts :confused:

Davirdv

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
Once they have been assigned, stamped etc by the carriers, we will see tracking numbers hopefully.

Davirdv

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
I will phone, and try to get refunded the difference on the basis that I would of probably won't of had it till Friday anyway. If they won't, it's not the end of the world, I doubt there will be a huge difference anyway

mbatty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
I will phone, and try to get refunded the difference on the basis that I would of probably won't of had it till Friday anyway. If they won't, it's not the end of the world, I doubt there will be a huge difference anyway

It would be a bit of a slap in the face to offer a considerable discount to the UK customers, the same day that anyone who paid full price gets their hands on their pre-ordered one... It shouldn't be a great deal anyway (hopefully).

KiranB

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Birmingham UK
It would be a bit of a slap in the face to offer a considerable discount to the UK customers, the same day that anyone who paid full price gets their hands on their pre-ordered one... It shouldn't be a great deal anyway (hopefully).

I agree .. i have a feeling the ipad 4 with carrier will be in stores on friday! .. however i do have a feeling that they wont discount it due to them not really having the stock! .. also i spoke to somebody today at apple regarding a refund, and they said they wouldnt do that as it is a one day sale! .. the lady recommended that if there is a discount to return the ipad and purchase another either in store or online at a cheaper price!

mbatty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
I agree .. i have a feeling the ipad 4 with carrier will be in stores on friday! .. however i do have a feeling that they wont discount it due to them not really having the stock! .. also i spoke to somebody today at apple regarding a refund, and they said they wouldnt do that as it is a one day sale! .. the lady recommended that if there is a discount to return the ipad and purchase another either in store or online at a cheaper price!

Well that would be a pain in the backside... Think I'd just be happy to have it though, not really fussed unless it was a £50+ discount...

KiranB

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Birmingham UK
@mbatty i know .. if it is 50£ plus im hoping that the stores will have them by friday so then we can all go and buy a cheaper one! .. but who knows apples dates are all a mess this time!

mbatty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
It would look TERRIBLE if the same day that pre-orders got shipped, they went on sale discounted... What are they saying for us in the future - Don't pre-order and you'll get them cheaper at the same time? haha...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.