Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
This is hardly proof of anything. I very rarely question items posted on MacRumors but this is the equivalent of making a story titled: "Thanksgiving should be appearing 'tomorrow'" - It does nothing but state the obvious that has been said by Apple already. This company has no advance knowledge of anything other than what we already know.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
The response was not from Apple but this other company so it could be purely speculation on their part. They also said "the next days" NOT "next few days" Petty I know but we shouldn't make this out to more than it is.

I agree. This company is just going by the original "november release" from Apple. They do not have any inside information.

gumblecosby

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Itunes normally gives us hints as to what the future OS X's look like theme-wise. Looking forward to it

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
To quote Biden (and completely undermine what he was talking about) "This is a big ****ing deal".

Lets hope Apple got this right, the last thing they need with all this momentum is another Map sized media frenzy disaster.

True but they have years of experience in this arena.

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
As long as it is NOT like the UI disaster called iPad Music app and retains the list view, I will be more than happy to oblige.

p.s.: When is iTMS music available in lossless format? It's about time.

I think during the Keynote when Apple mentioned iTunes 11, I think it was mentioned that the original list view is going to still be there, which I like better too

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
p.s.: When is iTMS music available in lossless format? It's about time.

That's not really Apple's call. Like LP, Extras etc content being included in titles, that lies in the hands of the copyright holders. aka the labels, studios, networks.

----------

Can people please stop with this "Where's my itunes 11" whining now?

THey will just trade the 'where' whining for 'what a piece of *****' whining

BMNB1tch

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
great just what it needs more BLOAT

going to take 10 million years to load all your mp3 and high rez images

I want a faster iTunes, not google image search...

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
But but.. will it work on my 10.5.8 PowerBook G4 ? :(

Apple just re-released the full (non-upgrade) version of SL for $20 on the online store, which requires an intel chip and 1GB Ram. If you can upgrade your G4 to run SL, then it will support the new iPhone/iPad and hopefully (slightly more likely) the new iTunes 11.

I'm guessing they limit iTunes 11 to 10.6.8 and newer (and Win7/Win8), which would explain the re-release of the SL disc on the online store, and help Apple retain more iTunes customers into the future.

I think they finally realized that not everyone can go buy a new computer every 2 years, and they can't just abandon their huge iTunes user base.

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
iTunes XI

The most anticipated and (soon to be) the most reviled version of iTunes to date :D

Hehe, yep. No matter how good it is, there will be fury all over the forums designed for Apple fury venting. The blogs will lap it up, many click-dollars will be garnered and we'll all be told what a disaster it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.