Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pascals

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
the Netherlands
I always come looking here to see if things are compatible with my macs, couldn't find this one. This thread is here just to confirm that Kingston's KVR13R9D4K4/64I ValueRam 64GB(4x16) 1333Mhz C9 Reg x4 I works just fine in my mid 2010 mac pro, has the thermal sensor, ECC and all.

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
UK
I always come looking here to see if things are compatible with my macs, couldn't find this one. This thread is here just to confirm that Kingston's KVR13R9D4K4/64I ValueRam 64GB(4x16) 1333Mhz C9 Reg x4 I works just fine in my mid 2010 mac pro, has the thermal sensor, ECC and all.

Hi, I installed 2x 16GB dimms in my 2012 Hex Mac Pro. How much memory can a single processor handle, I keep hearing 48GB being thrown around, how is the 64GB in yours being addressed? dual processor system?

The parts I used and can confirm as fully compatible are part number - KVR13LR904/16HM 1.35v

pyzon

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008

Mind me asking where you got it and how much it cost, I'm trying to find 3x8gb sticks but coming at at around $210 which seems a little rich to me. Thanks

pascals

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
the Netherlands
ECC Ram is expensive, cost me 470 euro. I bought it in the Netherlands where I live. We have a website which does price comparisons for all Dutch web shops, got one of the cheapest.

pyzon

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
ECC Ram is expensive, cost me 470 euro. I bought it in the Netherlands where I live. We have a website which does price comparisons for all Dutch web shops, got one of the cheapest.

Thanks, just bought KTA-MP1333DRK3/24G (Kingston 3x8GB) from Amazon warehouse for $140, good price I think. I confirmed with Kingston their lifetime warranty extended to RAM sold by Amazon Warehouse before purchasing as it is used - very good condition, also it sits in the regular Amazon extended returns period policy also so all good I think.

pyzon

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Thanks, just bought KTA-MP1333DRK3/24G (Kingston 3x8GB) from Amazon warehouse for $140, good price I think. I confirmed with Kingston their lifetime warranty extended to RAM sold by Amazon Warehouse before purchasing as it is used - very good condition, also it sits in the regular Amazon extended returns period policy also so all good I think.

correction...Kingston rang me back after I'd placed the order and told me the lifetime warranty does not extend to the item as it was used...so I've cancelled that order and will look for a new offering of the same product..(it's not as if the damn product has changed any by the change of ownership!!!) hihi..

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Lifetime warranties are always for the original owner only unless specified otherwise.

This is a bigger deal than you'd think, because it implies you have to prove you are the original order by way of a receipt, which can certainly become lost over a lifetime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.