Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrcowdude20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I was wondering if there was a way to update my iPad 2 to iOS 5, and not iOS 6. When I plug my iPad into my Mac, iTunes says "Would You Like to Update Your iPad to iOS 6?" and I want to keep YouTube. So, is there a way to only update to iOS 5?

Thanks!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I was wondering if there was a way to update my iPad 2 to iOS 5, and not iOS 6. When I plug my iPad into my Mac, iTunes says "Would You Like to Update Your iPad to iOS 6?" and I want to keep YouTube. So, is there a way to only update to iOS 5?

Thanks!

There's a Youtube app from Google in the app store.

And no, there is no way to upgrade to iOS 5 now, it's 6 or nothing.

AppleAlfred

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
Canada
There's a Youtube app from Google in the app store.

And no, there is no way to upgrade to iOS 5 now, it's 6 or nothing.

Like he said, there is a youtube app, and personally I prefer it to the previous built-in youtube app. I would recommend staying on ios 4 though, if you have it jailbroken. Personally I am on ios 5, jailbroken and wouldn't think of upgrading. Even the features that you get from 5 and 6 combined in your case don't match the number of things jailbreaking allows you to accomplish.

That being said, there may be something in 5 or 6 that does make it worthwhile to you, all depends on how you use the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.