Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
hi all
i know theres lots of threads for this problem, and i have tried all of them i could find with this problem with no luck... so i kinda need help with the details..

heres what ive done.
iphone 4 on 4.3.3 BB 4.10.01 wit a gevey ultra sim.
i was jailbroken for many years using snowbreeze and tried updating to a 5.1.1 (206 and 208) with snowbreeze and redsnow due to the need to preserve my base band, but i got loads of errors from 3194, 160x(0,1,3,4 prob due to dfu mode) and the latest one is 21(redsnow 0.9.11.b4, preserve bb, then stitch to .shsh on local for 5.1.1 206)

ive tried every route using TU 6.01.01 with server on and off, dfu mode and pawned dfu, and after everything i decided to restore to factory state to check if it was the fact im JB 4.3.3. and it was all the same, but i did do a restore back to 4.3.3 using redsnow preserve baseband with TU serve running with no worries so i figure its not a software or usb problem or even firewall...(which avast is now uninstalled to check if it was that)

so i guess theres a curtain way to do this... so i need help please..

current state of iphone 4 is redsn0w preserved baseband 4.3.3 factory, locked as i dont have the original tmob sim and im in ireland now.

software i have, running on win7 32bit- redsn0w 0.9.11b4, tiny umbrella 6.01.01, snowbreeze 2.9.7 and factory ios 4.3.3, 5.1.1(206)and (208) from iclarified site which was downloaded twice to be sure it wasnt that.plus all .shsh saved with tinyumbrella from 4.3.2- 6.0.1 and bkup to a file in another partition hhd.

usually i dont have a problem figuring it out but havent done iso5+ yet and nothing seems to work as it did with 4.3.3

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
What I noticed when I went to restore a few iphone 4 models to 5.1.1 with shsh blobs I had was that there was 2 different versions of 5.1.1
5.1.1 Build 9B208 and 5.1.1 Build 9B206
So when I tried to stitch the blobs to the custom IPSW and then restore in pwned dfu with itunes to the particular custom firmware it wouldnt work and it would error out like you mentioned above.
So use TU and see what shsh blobs you have available and then try creating both versions/builds of 5.1.1 no_bb ipsw and stitch your blobs and try again.

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
What I noticed when I went to restore a few iphone 4 models to 5.1.1 with shsh blobs I had was that there was 2 different versions of 5.1.1
5.1.1 Build 9B208 and 5.1.1 Build 9B206
So when I tried to stitch the blobs to the custom IPSW and then restore in pwned dfu with itunes to the particular custom firmware it wouldnt work and it would error out like you mentioned above.
So use TU and see what shsh blobs you have available and then try creating both versions/builds of 5.1.1 no_bb ipsw and stitch your blobs and try again.

thank u for replyin so quickly... i get what u mean, so ill give them both another try from the beginning, just to be 100% sure shsh 5.1.1 is the 206 version, and 5.1.1b is the 208 version???????

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Good luck bro.
Take your time, stitch your blobs with redsnow since it can automaticly pull them from cydias server for you.
Put your iphone in pwned dfu mode before you try restoring to the custom ipsw.
Also leave tinyumbrella and click start tss server running in the back before you open itunes to restore to the custom stitched firmware.

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
YIPPIE:D
it works, im not upgraded to 5.1.1(208)

not sure why it worked this time,
for thoughs of u who are getting the same errors as i was... try this way.
i downloaded the latest redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and created preserved baseband ipsw, then stitch .shsh 5.1.1b from my backup folder, after i verified the .shsh with redsn0w,
then shift restore in itunes 10.7 and away it went....
no errors and quick...

im now ready to jailbreak this...
never used redsn0w to jb, do i just click jailbreak button and thats it?

i didnt use tiny umbrella at all... didnt run the server? 5.1.1 208 must be still getting signed?

--- now jailbroken, restoring content from itunes then i can see if my gevey will activate----

Last edited:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
TU tss doesn't work on 5+ firmware, Apple is not signing 5.1.1 anymore.

The way you did it works fine, you could have also used the new restore function in redsn0w.

Have fun with it!

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
hi, if ur still there, i have come accross another problem...

my mob was on tmob but now im gevey unlocked to meteor.

my imessage isnt working right.
iv tried a few tweaks to fix it, but non either work or will install right on my iphone, im was talking to the guy from rainstone about sorting out the siri funcion and he asked me to imessage him but thats when i discomverd it didnt work,

he suggested installing sam and deactivating, then reactivating with itunes...

well i have installed it, but im not sure if i should continue, plus i dont see anything that says deactivate, ust a bunch of other options...

will this wreck my gevey unlock? will this replace my gevey?

really not sure what to do, but siri is installed now, just cant find a way to link to a proxy server

any1 know how to sort this or what i should do?????

----i just want my imessage, mms, facetalk and siri to work, so if all that above is just wrong for my situation and jailbreak above, then can u point me in the right direction, plus i cam accross a link that says apple have patched sam too?

Last edited:

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
did you try to eject and reinsert sim?

Sam does't kill your Gevey, so using SAM is your second option

yea i did that a few times, seemly tmobile iphones the mms is disabled...

the tweeks i tried got me the option of mms, which is on, but imessage is still green and not going through wifi, or 3g

asfar as i can find out with sam, it deactivates ur iphone and reactivates it on itunes, but i read there was a fix on itunes to stop that but i cant find anything else on it i just dont have a clue about sam... wish i found it b4 i bough a gevey, all my googling for unlock never come up with sam

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
yea i did that a few times, seemly tmobile iphones the mms is disabled...

the tweeks i tried got me the option of mms, which is on, but imessage is still green and not going through wifi, or 3g

asfar as i can find out with sam, it deactivates ur iphone and reactivates it on itunes, but i read there was a fix on itunes to stop that but i cant find anything else on it i just dont have a clue about sam... wish i found it b4 i bough a gevey, all my googling for unlock never come up with sam

SAM was designed for deactivating and than reactivating via itunes.
A side 'benefit" was that you could unlock your phone with it, but apple closed that loophole, the original function deactivating and reactivating still works fine.

try it

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
SAM was designed for deactivating and than reactivating via itunes.
A side 'benefit" was that you could unlock your phone with it, but apple closed that loophole, the original function deactivating and reactivating still works fine.

try it

o ok... so by deactivating and reactivating, i do what?
unlock features like mms and facetalk? anything else?
and not network unlock so i still need gevey sim right?(do i do this with gevey in or out?)

thanks for the info m8, all the googling didnt make sence why i would need to do this for mms etc

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
not sure if this is 100% right yet as i havent tested imessage yet, but i ran sam and it seemed to go ok, took awhile to find info on moding the sim details as every site was on about tickets and unlocking..

but i am now wildcard activated according to the app...
i had to deactivate with redsn0w as the program wouldnt do it.
and my gevey is bk in and running

------and my imessage isnt sending to net only sms by the look of it

any ideas how to fix it?(i put so many tweaks and app in this that says mms fix but nothing, admit im completely pissed at this now, dont usually have issues i cant figure out with iphones....been at this all day and and last nite)

plus any ideas on rainstone siri 5.1.x... have it installed and running, just cant find were i setup the proxy for it?

anyway, all help is very much appreciated, its 5am now and im wrecked

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
You need to run SAM not only redsn0w.

Go into SAM
select deactivate
select revert Lockdownd to Stock
select Clear pushcert

now restart phone and connect to itunes and let it reactivate.

it resets the activation and push functionality.

Installing Siri on IP4 might cause problems, i haven't seen any stable reliable proxy server, some last for a while others are scams all together.

Be careful uninstalling Siri, it might make you restore the phone.

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
You need to run SAM not only redsn0w.

Go into SAM
select deactivate
select revert Lockdownd to Stock
select Clear pushcert

now restart phone and connect to itunes and let it reactivate.

it resets the activation and push functionality.

Installing Siri on IP4 might cause problems, i haven't seen any stable reliable proxy server, some last for a while others are scams all together.

Be careful uninstalling Siri, it might make you restore the phone.

i did run sam... to reactivate and stuff with sim, just couldnt get sam to deactivate at all, and a few sites i found with ppl with same issue used redsnow(as i was jailbroken with it) to deactivate then ran sam to activate.

do u want me to do the process again? im currently wildcard activated now... everything else went ok just couldnt deactivate with sam

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
i did run sam... to reactivate and stuff with sim, just couldnt get sam to deactivate at all, and a few sites i found with ppl with same issue used redsnow(as i was jailbroken with it) to deactivate then ran sam to activate.

do u want me to do the process again? im currently wildcard activated now... everything else went ok just couldnt deactivate with sam

Did you hit deactivate on the sam settings and then restarted the phone?
Plug in the phone to itunes and then let it start back up.

neoeire

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Did you hit deactivate on the sam settings and then restarted the phone?
Plug in the phone to itunes and then let it start back up.
started it up

i just did it again, and this time sam deactivated it...
but i plugged it in 1st, started iphone and then when booted, started itunes..

i tunes just did something in the little load box in the middle top, and phone activated... i try ur way exactly 1mo

just did it that way to the letter and... testing as i type..... and im still getting charged 45c for the mms message, nothing free here or over wifi, 3g or edge networks

going to try reset network setting and see if that will help.... meteor should auto send them to me incase i put wrong ones in...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.