Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webb70

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
I would much rather see her like this then on the back of a flatbed like she was a couple days ago. It was a bad couple days, so it was soooo nice getting her back yesterday. I had to take a picture. I only had my iPhone and it was getting dark as you can tell. Kinda grainy, but I like it. I might take it out tomorrow for some real pictures.

Hey, very nice looking car, what lip is that?

Dannyseed

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
Brick
z2493.jpg

84 Chev

My daily. 1 tons. 42's. 26 inches of lift.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Picked this up just over a month ago.

IMG_0613.jpg

Sadly, no, not the Bentley. Not quite there yet...

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

Originally had a GTS ordered, but went for the 4S as I decided I would get an actual sports car sometime in the future.

Pretty much loaded- which is difficult (and costly!) to do with Porsches as nearly everything is a la carte, unlike most other manufacturers.

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
Picked this up just over a month ago.

Originally had a GTS ordered, but went for the 4S as I decided I would get an actual sports car sometime in the future.

Pretty much loaded- which is difficult (and costly!) to do with Porsches as nearly everything is a la carte, unlike most other manufacturers.

The 4S was great choice, although like you said it's pretty costly to order. Even the rear wiper is over a thousand! The only thing that ruins the Panamera for me is no available manual option... Have you had any problems yet? I haven't heard much on reliability, although I have two friends with over 200k on their 911s with nothing more than oil changes and an A/C recharge.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
The 4S was great choice, although like you said it's pretty costly to order. Even the rear wiper is over a thousand! The only thing that ruins the Panamera for me is no available manual option... Have you had any problems yet? I haven't heard much on reliability, although I have two friends with over 200k on their 911s with nothing more than oil changes and an A/C recharge.

The GTS probably would have been the better all-rounder, but given how I wanted a more 'luxurious' vehicle the 4S with its slightly higher suspension in comfort mode compared to the GTS made more sense.

I'm not sure a 6MT fits this type of vehicle- it's a big heavy luxury car at the end of the day :p Some of my friends won't buy anything without a stick so I can see where you're coming from, but the PDK is one of the better sorted dual-clutches out there and it works really well in the Panamera.

The rear wiper's actually a $500 option (now?). I intentionally didn't opt for it as it was unsightly and I read it would cover up some of the already-limited rear visibility, but I'm starting to wish I had. Seriously kicking myself for not ticking off the blind spot monitoring option box too. Crazy what they charge for some of the small things, you should see my build sheet.

Have 2500km on it now and so issues at all so far, apart from a squeak when retracting the power folding mirrors. Nothing a dab of WD-40 didn't fix.

Last edited:

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
mine, it's a 77 Oldsmobile Delta 88.

looking into upgrading, 10 mpg is not very nice lol.

IMG_4787.jpg

Oh god, my mother and stepfather bought one of those in the late 90s because they wanted to restore it. Chocolate brown with cream trim, white walls, ugh. I used to beg them not to pick me up in it, ever (their other car was a much more normal Ford Expedition). They usually did not listen. :mad:

While I find those old cars cool now, when I was 14 I was not amused. :cool:

My parents were champs at embarrassing the crap out of me.

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
Alfa is owned by Fiat, however so is Chrysler. I feel as though the Fiat brand was brought over because of the relative lack of entry in the stylish accessory car market. However it appears that Chrysler will be phasing out some Dodge cars in favor of Alfa in the near future (Jesus, please take the Avenger).

----------

Much needed makeup. Particularly on the interior. Nissan interior is underwhelming.

----------

100% true

Indeed, but really a face-lifted Honda.

Prior to 2009 you're 100% right. Now they only have some of the same parts, but the designs are completely different.

Probably true but a major insult to Ford.

Depends on the model. The designs are usually a lot different, but they are based on a collection of platforms. The Cadillac ATS, Buick Verano, and Chevrolet Cruze are based on the same platform, but the Cadillac and Buick are 100 times better than the Cruze.

Lexus and Acura are blatant uses of badge engineering, but Audi and Cadillac are not at all (especially since GM was under so much fire over the last 20 years over badge engineering).

The Cadillac ATS has absolutely nothing to do with the Cruze or Verano. It's based on it's Alpha, a light RWD architecture designed to go head to head with the BMW 3 Series.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
The Cadillac ATS has absolutely nothing to do with the Cruze or Verano. It's based on it's Alpha, a light RWD architecture designed to go head to head with the BMW 3 Series.

I think I knew that, but clearly I'm behind on the GM platforms. I am still 99% certain the Cruze and the Verano are same platform.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Everyone just got new cars within the past few years. Our car (I don't have one since I'm only 15, so it's my mom's) is the White Mercedes on the far right (2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK350, got in Oct. 2010)

Grandmother's car is on the far left. It's a 2013 Lexus CT200h. Just got it a few weeks ago.

In the middle is my aunt's 2013 Nissan Maxima she got earlier in the year.

Also behind me there's a 1999 Porsche Boxster S and 2007 Chrysler 300C.

Attachments

• 481795_3420128042292_147320917_n.jpg
    481795_3420128042292_147320917_n.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 163
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.