Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taxiapple

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
I'm hoping it will fix iTunes Match

Looking forward to iTunes 11

But I'm really hoping it will deal with some of the iTunes Match issues.
I've had ITM for a month, spent way to many hours on it and it is still only showing about 75% of my music.

mtrctyjoe

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2005
Motor City (Detroit, not Tokyo)
I am keeping my expectations low. iCloud and itunes Match are a big disappointment. iOS6, Maps, Podcasts, App Store ... all failed to deliver. I honest have not used iTunes in well over a year. I use Spotify and Amazon (for the rare instances when I buy music). Apple will need a music subscription service to bring me back to iTunes - providing it is better than Spotify.

Aug 26, 2008
Apple just re-released the full (non-upgrade) version of SL for $20 on the online store, which requires an intel chip and 1GB Ram. If you can upgrade your G4 to run SL, then it will support the new iPhone/iPad and hopefully (slightly more likely) the new iTunes 11.

I'm guessing they limit iTunes 11 to 10.6.8 and newer (and Win7/Win8), which would explain the re-release of the SL disc on the online store, and help Apple retain more iTunes customers into the future.

I think they finally realized that not everyone can go buy a new computer every 2 years, and they can't just abandon their huge iTunes user base.

Clearly this isn't going to work.

larfelts

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
To quote Biden (and completely undermine what he was talking about) "This is a big ****ing deal".

Lets hope Apple got this right, the last thing they need with all this momentum is another Map sized media frenzy disaster.

Can't wait to see how this is picked apart. I have to tell you, I have a what I thought was a great GPS in my Acura. But in the NY/NJ/CT area Apple's Map blows it out of the water.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Given all of Apple outside of retail is on holiday in the US this week—see Tim Cook's announcement—I suspect this is fake.

Or, perhaps it's the appalling grammar errors which make me think this is fake.

Either way, I bet it's next week.

Dewroo

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
Tilton, NH.
do you think we'll be able to put custom images in their place though? I hope so. I have alot of unsigned music that won't get such great treatment in itunes.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Given all of Apple outside of retail is on holiday in the US this week—see Tim Cook's announcement—I suspect this is fake.

Or, perhaps it's the appalling grammar errors which make me think this is fake.

Either way, I bet it's next week.

Well there are some people still working - various countries have seen changes/updates to their iTunes stores this week, as well as other various rumblings from Apple.

Also, the email was most definitely translated from German to English by an online method, which is a perfectly legitimate reason for the grammar errors.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
I think "up next" will be freaking amazing. That's what I've always wanted: a way to listen to a song but then resume playing your playlist, wherever you were.

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
Not to mention the random German thrown in at the end... ("mit")

It's actually another language altogether, referred to a "Denglish" (Deutsch-English). When I get over excited and my mouth moves faster than my brain I often break out with such gems as "Look at the gummi chicken...er...I mean the rubber huhn".

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
New layout for music downloads? What's wrong with the current one? It's a very bad sign when they fix something that isn't broken. What DOES need to be redone is the layout when you're browsing for movies.

----------

Can people please stop with this "Where's my itunes 11" whining now?

Why do people WANT iTunes updates? All they do is drop support for older Macs.

GR33NIE

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
UK
Looking forward to this! Wonder if it will also include some social sharing options to Twitter, Facebook etc? Needed really!

adamryan1983

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2011
New layout for music downloads? What's wrong with the current one? It's a very bad sign when they fix something that isn't broken.

----------

Why do people WANT iTunes updates? All they do is drop support for older Macs.

Hate innovation a little? You can't be revolutionary by staying stationary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.