Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will do good

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Earth
Which is why MacRumors should hire guys like us to catch these errors. What are these positions called again.... Oh yeah, proofreaders! :D

Anyway, I was hoping to take a ride on this mothership. Sucks that we have to wait another year. :(

Not just proofreaders, professionals.

----------

The empire will have crumbled by then by its own ambition and mistreatment to employees.

Grow up and get out of your mom's basement, fresh air is good.

ongharry1014

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2011
hi, English is not my native language. Can someone explain why "back in June" is incorrect grammar usage?

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
hi, English is not my native language. Can someone explain why "back in June" is incorrect grammar usage?

It was an editorial mistake, not a grammatical error. The project was announced in June, 2011 but the wording implied that it happened last June. Had the writer actually meant last June, the clearer way of saying it would have been simply, "the project was announced in June." The word "back" in this context would be redundant (not needed to express the meaning of the sentence).

Thanks for asking. I'm always impressed when a non-native English speaker shows an interest in correct English grammar, when so many native English speakers no longer seem to care.

c1phers

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2011
Not surprising that local government holds up development. Big problem with this country.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.