Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truelies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Apple one is too expensive. From the review the cheap cables can only charge, but can't sync.

Last edited:

thekb

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2010
That's to funny. I wanted too get one for my to iphones two, but the ones I bought were two short too work for me.

TxLee

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2010
Got mine for less than 10 total including shipping and tax from fasttech.com

Edit: they're now 5.99 with free shipping worldwide

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
What the hell is going on with you guys and the word "two" you talking the number 2 or as in also?? I'm not the thread police but come on.. Ha HA good laugh I guess??

bought mine at Best Buy walked in walked out works perfect..

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Yes paying $200 at the least base price for an iPhone is okay but paying for a working lightning cord for $20 is bank breaking.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
Yeah screw the OP for trying to save a buck or two.

The hell is wrong with people?! They should pay whatever it costs for the things they want!

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Yeah screw the OP for trying to save a buck or two.

The hell is wrong with people?! They should pay whatever it costs for the things they want!

"I found some but they only charge, damn apple"
*$3 knockoff cord*
He wants a good lightning cable so he should buy it officially.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
ahh. I see.

The only other legit lightning cables I'm aware of is the few from Belkin. But the prices are comparable to Apples.

$20 for a cable :apple:

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
I'm willing to pay $35,000 for a car but I think paying $3,500 for a spare tire is bank breaking. Am I wrong? :rolleyes:

Hello sir I don't know what vehicle you drive but they definitely don't sell tires for 3500$ apiece, I suggest you look around some more and compare prices before you make that purchase.

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
Hello sir I don't know what vehicle you drive but they definitely don't sell tires for 3500$ apiece, I suggest you look around some more and compare prices before you make that purchase.

I got a flat on my BMW and it was about $1500 to replace the tire.

The poster's point was that paying 10% for an accessory is a lot.

$20 cable is to a $200 phone as a $3500 tire is to a $35,000 car.

If you purchased a $35,000 car, should you then be okay with paying $3,500 for a tire?

In this case, I think the charger would be more comparable to a set of tires, rather than one tire. And with my car, that would mean a set of tires is close to $6,000. And it's right around 10% of the price of my vehicle.

The comparison is flawed, because most people don't pay for their cars outright.

My mind says that if you have $200+ to buy an iPhone and can afford the monthly plan, you *should* have an extra $20 laying around to purchase a lightning cable or you are probably pretty bad with money.

But if you take out a loan to pay on a $35,000 car monthly, that does not mean that you should have $3500 laying around for a set of tires.

My, I'm verbose this evening. Sorry

NOTE: This is not my analogy. I was explaining an analogy made by another poster in this thread.

Last edited:

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I got a flat on my BMW and it was about $1500 to replace the tire.

The poster's point was that paying 10% for an accessory is a lot.

$20 cable is to a $200 phone as a $3500 tire is to a $35,000 car.

If you purchased a $35,000 car, should you then be okay with paying $3,500 for a tire?

In this case, I think the charger would be more comparable to a set of tires, rather than one tire. And with my car, that would mean a set of tires is close to $6,000. And it's right around 10% of the price of my vehicle.

The comparison is flawed, because most people don't pay for their cars outright.

My mind says that if you have $200+ to buy an iPhone and can afford the monthly plan, you *should* have an extra $20 laying around to purchase a lightning cable or you are probably pretty bad with money.

But if you take out a loan to pay on a $35,000 car monthly, that does not mean that you should have $3500 laying around for a set of tires.

My, I'm verbose this evening. Sorry

Probably one of the worst analogies ever. FYI this is coming from a Benz and BMW owner.

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Haha yeahh not a great one. You are aware that it wasn't my analogy, right?

I'm not trying to be credited with that nonsense..

LOL. It's all good. In reality though I'm sure if you ever get another flat on your BMW, you're not putting a cheap generic brand tire or cheap generic brand run flat on your ride.

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
LOL. It's all good. In reality though I'm sure if you ever get another flat on your BMW, you're not putting a cheap generic brand tire or cheap generic brand run flat on your ride.

Nope.. I will be using another of the $1500 tires.

That tire analogy was said by another person in this thread and I think the person I responded to misunderstood it, so I explained it then disagreed with it.

Though, I tend to make up absolutely terrible analogies that no one gets but me. However, this doozy is not one I can take credit for.

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Nope.. I will be using another of the $1500 tires.

That tire analogy was said by another person in this thread and I think the person I responded to misunderstood it, so I explained it then disagreed with it.

Though, I tend to make up absolutely terrible analogies that no one gets but me. However, this doozy is not one I can take credit for.

My bad. I should have quoted the other poster. My apologies sir! =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.