Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
What no one has mentioned is how it will connect with devices... The preview pages don't show any screens with a device connected.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
New layout for music downloads? What's wrong with the current one? It's a very bad sign when they fix something that isn't broken. What DOES need to be redone is the layout when you're browsing for movies.

----------

Why do people WANT iTunes updates? All they do is drop support for older Macs.

because some people dont run around with 5 year old hardware :p

change is good, something new to play around with. looking forward to the new UI

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
Not to mention the random German thrown in at the end... ("mit")

Haha, I was just preparing to post what this "mit" is related to... I even googled it haha thought it's something I missed out in school, how you know it's German & what does it mean in English?

----------

Can't wait to see how this is picked apart. I have to tell you, I have a what I thought was a great GPS in my Acura. But in the NY/NJ/CT area Apple's Map blows it out of the water.

Which water :rolleyes: haha

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Hate innovation a little? You can't be revolutionary by staying stationary.

What "revolutionary" things have Apple added to iTunes? It's had the same basic features since the start. All they did was change the layout, first for the better, then with no big difference, and then for the worse in version 10. All they really added was Genius (nice but nothing revolutionary) and Ping (piece of @#$%ing @#$%).

----------

because some people dont run around with 5 year old hardware :p

change is good, something new to play around with. looking forward to the new UI

Excuse me for not buying a new computer every 5 years even though my old one works perfectly... Still, even if you have new hardware, the newer versions just use up more computer resources and force you to keep updating.

Snowshiro

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
Artists Being Asked to Prepare for iTunes 11 Launch in "Next Days"

Given that the Apple website still says "Coming in November" and there is little more than a week remaining of the month, I'd say this is a reasonable bet.

I hope this is a better written piece of software, instead of the slow, god-awful piece of bloatware iTunes has become.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
I'm more excited for this than I was for any hardware updates this year. I spend hours a day using iTunes. Where as the thrill of using a new iDevice quickly disappears when you realise it operates exactly the same as the old one .

Bring on iTunes 11!

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I think "up next" will be freaking amazing. That's what I've always wanted: a way to listen to a song but then resume playing your playlist, wherever you were.
Yes. It is about time. I have always been frustrated how I will be listening to a playlist, want to listen to another song for a just moment, but it loses my place in the playlist.

This and support for browsing your iCloud library will be great.

Oct 24, 2012
What "revolutionary" things have Apple added to iTunes? It's had the same basic features since the start. All they did was change the layout, first for the better, then with no big difference, and then for the worse in version 10. All they really added was Genius (nice but nothing revolutionary) and Ping (piece of @#$%ing @#$%)

The iTunes Store was pretty revolutionary.

Jezza1685

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
But but.. will it work on my 10.5.8 PowerBook G4 ? :(

You really need a new mac, iTunes 10.7 isn't even compatible with 10.5.8 and you can't upgrade to SL because your mac is so old
Maybe think before you post?

----------

The update actually grabs you by the scruff of your neck and forces you to buy a Retina MacBook Pro.

You don't need a retina MacBook Pro! Most likely minimum 10.6.8 you idiot!

upthetoffees

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
The apple preview says same version everywhere! Finally won't be stuck with Belgium Itunes, you have no idea how bad it is to be subject to Belgian itunes charts for everything, suggestions based on belgian popular products when you are English etc.. Complete insult and why i dont use itunes but now as they are finally sorting this out, good times coming!! Been waiting a looong time apple as have many, dont force products based on geo, its 2012, get with the project ! But thanks for having addressed, appreciated.

waldobushman

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
Hoping for architecture change

Apple's points about iTunes 11 focussed on UI, not too much on functionality. I'm hoping iTunes 11 is re-architected to be more modular. It has become a monolithic system and needs refactoring.

One of most obvious problems is information about movies, books, music, etc are quite different. Books were kludged into the file structure for iTunes, for example. In addition, it's never been clear how the the metadata fields for songs and albums, and books are interpreted.

Looking for iTunes 11 to satisfy my curiosity.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Based on iTunes 11 being demoed at the iPhone conference it looks like a dream compared to the current iTunes which is old and cumbersome to use

----------

Yes. It is about time. I have always been frustrated how I will be listening to a playlist, want to listen to another song for a just moment, but it loses my place in the playlist.

This and support for browsing your iCloud library will be great.

You can browse your iCloud library now

vanzantapple

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2010
USA
Maybe Apple will finally revamp iTunes.
Maybe it will look and work properly and snappy on a Windows PC. I've installed this POS on many Windows PCs, fast and slow, and I have never liked the outcome. I know Apple hates Windows users but your not too good to take our money. How about making a decent product. If you don't, someone else will.

The PC version of iTunes is a Dawg. Come on Apple.

PS. Just make iTunes a website instead of an AP(e) and it won't rape my PC every time I install it.

Apple is so great at so many things, it just boggles the mind that they put their name on this monstrosity.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Can't wait to see how this is picked apart. I have to tell you, I have a what I thought was a great GPS in my Acura. But in the NY/NJ/CT area Apple's Map blows it out of the water.

I personally think Apple's mapping solution is great too, I haven't run into any issues using it myself.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
New layout for music downloads? What's wrong with the current one? It's a very bad sign when they fix something that isn't broken. What DOES need to be redone is the layout when you're browsing for movies.

----------

Why do people WANT iTunes updates? All they do is drop support for older Macs.

lol are you for real?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.