Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Now is the time to BUY Apple stock, as much as you can possibly afford. I'm taking next month's rent money and buying. I figure that I'll make a tidy profit and still pay the rent. You can't lose with AAPL!

I can afford one share. But perhaps it's worth to buy it, to get the $2 dividend, which I can buy a banana for.

SatManager

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
Las Vegas
My sister ordered one through the Apple store on 15 Oct and she just received the shipping notification that she will receive it on 23 Nov. So 5 weeks for her Verizon iphone 5. She even called them up and asked about the delay and the phone drone said that it was normal.

But I got my iPhone 5 the day it was released after staying up past midnight!:)

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
He's often sarcastic. This was probably one of those times.

I thought about that for a second, but if you're right, I have to admit that the sarcasm went over my head cause it wasn't exaggerated TOO much (especially if you consider other posts concerning Apple stocks here) and I didn't know his previous posts. Well, however... :)

jctevere

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2009
I don't think that this chart is anywhere near accurate... It is still very hard to find iPhone 5's instock at any store. Perhaps they check in the morning or see who got a delivery and record that as "in-stock".

However, as we all know, stores with units in stock sell out fairly quickly, making them not so "in-stock". Haha.

With that said, I was able to pick up another iPhone 5 for my sister at a local AT&T store this morning (got the last one left in stock)! Fortunately I lucked out on launch day, as soon as I arrived at the AT&T store, casually strolling in around noon like I owned the place, a FedEx truck carrying a fresh shipment just arrived. I should have played the lotto that day! :cool:

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
I thought about that for a second, but if you're right, I have to admit that the sarcasm went over my head cause it wasn't exaggerated TOO much (especially if you consider other posts concerning Apple stocks here) and I didn't know his previous posts. Well, however... :)

I remembered some of his other posts where sarcasm was obvious. It doesn't read well on forums and message boards compared to hearing it. I'm a bit conservative in terms of investment. I hate lop sided things. With Apple, they should be around for a long time. Their stock will reach the previous plateau again as long as growth continues. It doesn't mean they'll be back at $700 soon (it could happen). It matters that you can afford to hold though regardless of where you're buying it. Otherwise the potential is there to lock in losses on an incorrect prediction.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
It will be interesting to see the quarterly results that actually include the new iPhone for a whole quarter. No other single phone can beat it.

But the real test of Smartphones is profits, and Apple ALWAYS beats Sammy's butt there.

I also always buy the phone that brings most profits. I do this with cars too. That's why I am driving Toyota Camry.

----------

Now is the time to BUY Apple stock, as much as you can possibly afford. I'm taking next month's rent money and buying. I figure that I'll make a tidy profit and still pay the rent. You can't lose with AAPL!

I might have read about a hedge fund that went bankrupt in recent weeks because they put all their money into AAPL when it was close to $700. The reality is that while AAPL might go a little higher the only long term direction for it from here is down.

ratsg

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
I'm going to mark this thread as a fail.

I ordered my iPhone online the morning of 13 November, and when I placed my order, estimates (per the store) were 2 - 3 weeks. As I check my order status currently, I show a delivery date of 10 December 2012.

In another note, I went to a local Apple store last weekend to check out the iPad mini, and there was a healthy sized line. I asked what it was all about, and it was for iPhone 5's. Apparently they were expecting a shipment of phone, and people were lined to to get what they could.

hrishidev

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
Got two unlocked iPhone 5- One white & other one black by justing walking inside retail store on 2nd Nov in India. :D Loving my iPhone,Having fun

hahaha ..... I know you already started hating me :cool:

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I would have gotten an iPhone 5 (32 GB) by now thanks to better phone supply now, but the prices for the cellphone monthly pricing plans are just ungodly expensive for either AT&T or Verizon! :eek:

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
How is the supply in China? Until Apple has enough stock to satisfy US, China and Europe, I'd say the supply is still constrained.

Oh wait, is it still not officially on sale in China?

Lannoc

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
I preordered mine from my carrier here in Canada on Sept. 14. Picked it up in store on Sept 21. It appears that reseller stores have stock, just not Apple stores.

Lannoc

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
----------

[/COLOR]
I also always buy the phone that brings most profits. I do this with cars too. That's why I am driving Toyota Camry.

----------

I might have read about a hedge fund that went bankrupt in recent weeks because they put all their money into AAPL when it was close to $700. The reality is that while AAPL might go a little higher the only long term direction for it from here is down.
In other news, Bloomberg surveys 62 analysts with a 12 month average target price of 766.60.

Last edited:

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA

I was being sarcastic, because as is usually the case, pundits will cite this as evidence that no one wants the iPhone.

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
After having the same phone for 2 years, then finally getting my upgrade, it was frustrating having to wait so long for the iPhone 5 to be available to buy or even ship to me! Glad they are catching up for the holiday season.

Waiting for new phones is truly frustrating. Sometimes I want to pull my hair out. (I don't actually pull my hair out though.)

----------

I might have read about a hedge fund that went bankrupt in recent weeks because they put all their money into AAPL when it was close to $700.

Do you mean you also might not have read about it?

----------

Seriously, kind of old yanno?

Did you just say 'yanno'?

I went to school with a Ukrainian kid named Yanno!

My God Jessica has 31,000 posts and this is the first time I have made fun of her! Remarkable.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Why does this always have to come down to "sticking it to" Samsung? Seriously, kind of old yanno? The SGS3 is a pretty awesome damn phone.

Yeah!!! Samsung kicks butt...wait...Why am I on an Apple rumor site again?

----------

----------

Cool!!! Lilo777 is now a Fortune Teller. You should become a wall street analyst. :eek:

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009

Those who didn't sell at $700/share did :D
You're right about the buying. Apple's stock has been taking hits from Europe and its lack of iPhone 5 supply. Buying now is still risky because of the whole "fiscal cliff" BS, but it's certainly been hurt by European debt unproportionally and is therefor undervalued.

----------

Why on earth didn't the person who made that graph align the graph colors with the colors of the company logos?

Yeah it keeps throwing me off no matter how many times I look at it. Verizon reminds me of red more than any other company.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
This is only a good thing. I still see very few iPhone 5s out in the wild (besides my own.) I have to think the demand is there, but people still think it's too hard to get.

I was in Las Vegas two weeks ago and you see tons of iPhones there. I only saw 2 5's the whole week. That surprised me.

----------

Release the darn factory unlocked model already apple!

If you buy the AT&T full price model at the Apple Store and then restore it in iTunes, it unlocks. That is what I did to use it on T-Mobile.

----------

I'm going to mark this thread as a fail.

I ordered my iPhone online the morning of 13 November, and when I placed my order, estimates (per the store) were 2 - 3 weeks. As I check my order status currently, I show a delivery date of 10 December 2012.

In another note, I went to a local Apple store last weekend to check out the iPad mini, and there was a healthy sized line. I asked what it was all about, and it was for iPhone 5's. Apparently they were expecting a shipment of phone, and people were lined to to get what they could.

I'm not believing this as well.

Last year with the 4S, you couldn't just walk into stores and buy one until January. I don't expect this year with the 5 to be any different.

MonsterRain

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
I just want to know what happened to the off-contract, unlocked iPhones. It's too much hassle to get a phone with AT&T, sign up for service. Get the phone. Cancel the service. Get them to unlock it. I don't remember the 4 or 4S taking this long to get unlocked, off-contract devices.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Quantity might have improved, but has quality? Have they resolved the chipping and scuffing issues?

Scuff-gate is fiction.

Everybody simply uses a case so that the case built into their iPhone stays pristine. Some cases are very expensive, so people simply put them in a sock to protect the case before they put them in their purse. The socks are cheap enough to simply replace if they get worn, and they keep your expensive iPhone case looking great!

iPhone Socks at Amazon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.