Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Legacy Wealth

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
Hello...I want to buy a 4s for my daughters bday tomorrow...what's a fair price to pay for at&t 16gig 4s ??? I want to spend $200 $250 tops...is that fair ?

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Maybe for a stolen 4S.

Kidding aside, your price range is more suited for an iPhone 4.

For the 4S, look to spend about $350-400.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hello...I want to buy a 4s for my daughters bday tomorrow...what's a fair price to pay for at&t 16gig 4s ??? I want to spend $200 $250 tops...is that fair ?

If its pretty beat up, scratched and with no box or any wires or accessories maybe.
If its in good shape and with everything that you can actually present it as a gift more like $350-400.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

On contract it is $99 plus tax.

She may not even want a 4s.

Just take her to the store as her bday gift and ask her if she wants a 4s or 5 ? (5 is only $100 more plus tax).

If you are talking about used phones then I do not know about the 4s, but do know that there are a lot of ip5 for sale by people who switched over from Android and say ip5 pretty much just catching up with Android.

Supply for ip5 are caught up now, people just don't know it yet. The prices of the used ip5 will go lower.

Just my opinion.

Legacy Wealth

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
Yes I'm trying to buy used...@applejuiced you are hilarious!

----------

Maybe for a stolen 4S.

Kidding aside, your price range is more suited for an iPhone 4.

For the 4S, look to spend about $350-400.

crazy....but can a stolen phone be unlocked with unlock fusion ?

I'm not looking for a stolen phone...but on craiglist you never know ...

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Yes I'm trying to buy used...@applejuiced you are hilarious!

----------

crazy....but can a stolen phone be unlocked with unlock fusion ?

I'm not looking for a stolen phone...but on craiglist you never know ...

The risk with CL and even ebay is it might work when he sells it to you and then a few days later the potential owner that had it lost or stolen can call the carrier and have it black listed.
And if that happens even if its unlocked you wont be able to use it as a phone.
Gotta ask a lot of questions to make sure you dont get stuck with stolen property.

Legacy Wealth

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
found a 4s 32 gig for $320!!! thanks guys! ps...it's on ios 6...so can it do everything the 5 can do ?

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
Now to hijack your thread a bit... :D

I'm trying to sell a 32gb Verizon 4s on craigslist. It comes with everything from factory, a brand new SGP Linear case and a used Incipio Feather. By my eye the phone is in VERY good condition. Nearly perfect. I originally posted for $400 (expecting to get $350) to no avail. I then posted for $350 hoping to get $300 minimum... small interest, nothing panned out. I about to just put $300 firm and just let it ride. There's no way people should be expecting less than that amount right? The phone doesn't have a scratch that i can find.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Now to hijack your thread a bit... :D

I'm trying to sell a 32gb Verizon 4s on craigslist. It comes with everything from factory, a brand new SGP Linear case and a used Incipio Feather. By my eye the phone is in VERY good condition. Nearly perfect. I originally posted for $400 (expecting to get $350) to no avail. I then posted for $350 hoping to get $300 minimum... small interest, nothing panned out. I about to just put $300 firm and just let it ride. There's no way people should be expecting less than that amount right? The phone doesn't have a scratch that i can find.

I'd try eBay if you're comfortable with that.
Sometimes CL is full of lowballers or people that play games wasting your time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.