Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stayblunted

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Does anyone believe that Mountain Lion will be reduced on Black Friday? Also I'm looking for a reputable retailer to buy an SSD and ram from. any recommendations?

naxir

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2012
Does anyone believe that Mountain Lion will be reduced on Black Friday? Also I'm looking for a reputable retailer to buy an SSD and ram from. any recommendations?

If you're in the US, Newegg pretty much always has good deals on ram/ssd around black friday. I picked up 16gb of 1.35v 1333MHz ram a week ago for $59 with free shipping. I know, it isn't 1600MHz, but my MBP came with 1.35v ram and I figured it would probably be best to replace it with 1.35v ram (which I couldn't find @ 1600MHz).

edit:
I'd actually recommend signing up for their newsletter. It seems like a foreign concept to sign up for advertisements, but they have some legitimately good deals in their newsletter that often aren't available otherwise.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
I don't know what machine you have to determine the RAM compatibility but I would suggest purchasing from Crucial.com or Amazon. You will see AMAZING deals on Amazon on Black Friday or even now for Crucials M4 or Samsung 830/840 Pro SSDs.

ayres

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
about the friday discount...

let's assume that there's a discount on the mbp... last year, it was $101.

will apple allow the black friday discount in addition to student discount?

thnx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.