Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kfoster88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Hello,
I have an iPhone 4S, I'm having an issue when it's connected to the USB in my car no sound comes out. The car realizes its an iPhone, it says there are no songs, which is accurate. When connected the unlock doesn't not make noise, no text notifications, no keyboard sound. I have connected other iPhones and they are fine, so frustrating! Please help!

mikejg

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Does your car have iphone compatability? Meaning can you plug your USB cable into your car and then play music through your car's audio system?

If so, then that is why. Your iphone is outputting the audio through the USB cable to be ouput through your car's speakers. If you had msuic playing from your iphone and you received a text alert, etc it would sound through your speakers. I do not know if there is a way to counteract this.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Details would really help. What car? What stereo? What model(s) of other iPhones have you tried with your stereo?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.