Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
I have a backup that goes back to the 3G and have been using that on all iPhones. During that time I even jailbroke some of the iDevices and still am using that backup.

Just wondering if it's worth starting from scratch? I have thousands of photos, If I use iCloud (I have photo backup off) I can just get the phone numbers back and calendar. I can just take the photos and put it on a hard drive for future use.

Any thoughts appreciated. Is it safe to restore from an old backup that had been jailbroken along the way?

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Thanks!

Is there a way to just sync photos and calendar/contacts? My iCloud doesn't have that much space for photos.

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
This has never even crossed my mind. I just restore from backups.... Well now I'm going to continue to think about starting my phone from scratch... damn.

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
You definitely would want to start fresh with the 5 just to be safe, because I have heard some problems that are caused by restoring from backup such as battery issues..etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.