Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gentleman00

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2007
Order the 13". I have the 11" for work and the screen is too small. So I had to ask for a 27" monitor so I could connect it to the 11". I don't understand why they did not order me a 13" in the first place. :rolleyes:

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I have both an MBP 13 and a MBA 11. I much prefer using the 11, so it's become my main computer.

If I need to do something which needs a bigger screen I can hook the 11 up to an external display with vastly more real estate than the 13.

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
Frankly I cannot imagine the embarrassment of being seen with such a huge bezel... :eek:

--------

As far as how I select a computer?

Perhaps I'm far from the norm, but I select my Macs based on how I'm going to use them, not what they look like. :)

[Emphasis in quotation is mine]

Isn't this a minor contradiction?

RGDS,
Pekka

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
[Emphasis in quotation is mine]

Isn't this a minor contradiction?

RGDS,
Pekka

The top comment was sarcasm in response to a post where the author said he'd never buy a laptop with that large of bezel. Meaning he was choosing based on the appearance of the computer, rather than what one normally uses as a method of choosing.

Rob.G

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Arizona
I've always had/preferred the 11". I had a 2010, a 2011, and my 2012 will be here on Monday. I thought I had decided to get a 13" this time around, mainly for the battery life. But after looking at them again in the store and online, I decided the 11" was my favorite. I just LOVE how tiny it is. It's so much more portable, and since I travel by motorcycle a lot, it's easier to carry.

What I would love to come up with is a nice, slim hard case that would hold the 11" and my iPad together, and be waterproof. Like a Pelican box, but I kinda doubt they make one in that size. Then I'd be golden for motorcycle trips.

Rob

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
The top comment was sarcasm in response to a post where the author said he'd never buy a laptop with that large of bezel. Meaning he was choosing based on the appearance of the computer, rather than what one normally uses as a method of choosing.

Okay, my bad. Seemingly, I was not sensitive enough to have spotted the sarcasm.

Apologies.

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
I've always had/preferred the 11". I had a 2010, a 2011, and my 2012 will be here on Monday. I thought I had decided to get a 13" this time around, mainly for the battery life. But after looking at them again in the store and online, I decided the 11" was my favorite. I just LOVE how tiny it is. It's so much more portable, and since I travel by motorcycle a lot, it's easier to carry.

What I would love to come up with is a nice, slim hard case that would hold the 11" and my iPad together, and be waterproof. Like a Pelican box, but I kinda doubt they make one in that size. Then I'd be golden for motorcycle trips.

Rob

I have a pelican briefcase for my 13" MBP would probably fit an 11" & iPad next to each other but that may not be slim enough for you?

Rob.G

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Arizona
I have a pelican briefcase for my 13" MBP would probably fit an 11" & iPad next to each other but that may not be slim enough for you?

Hmmm maybe. What's the model#? I'll look it up.

Ideally, I'd like something like that to measure around 9x12x1.5, but I doubt I'll find anything that specific.

Rob

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I am actually considering trading my 13" for an 11" given how I find myself carrying my Air with my iPad practically every day. Somehow I feel the drop in a few hundred grams could make the difference...but that depends on if I can find someone to trade my Air with.

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
Hmmm maybe. What's the model#? I'll look it up.

Ideally, I'd like something like that to measure around 9x12x1.5, but I doubt I'll find anything that specific.

Rob

The pelican model is #1090 for up to 15.4" laptops.

The box says the interior dimensions are 14.4"x11.1"x1.7"

The pelican #1080 is for up to 13" laptops bit I don't have those dimensions but that may be closer to what your trying to get?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.