Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Couldn't say it better.
I recall the days when I waited for the d7000 from Nikon.
I read every tidbit on the camera, I was very active in Nikon fourm, and when the camera finally arrived ( one of the best buys I have ever did) I completely left ALL fourms or sites about it and as you said moved on with my life.
I really want to end this never ending wait.
I am sure apple want to finish with this fiasco as well.

MacRumors are probably paying Apple to release it late so the forums get kore traffic.

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Hey i was speaking to an Apple rep on the online store.
I tried to force some info out of the woman and this is all i got.
Check the image below.

BTW i am a first time poster but i always read the iMac threads.

I have been a Windows user all my life and have had various different laptops over the years.
And now is the time i go from Windows to Mac with the latest iMac Apple has to offer. The Mac OS just looks so much better in my eyes.
The main purposes i will be using the iMac for is mainly word processing, browsing the web, light games and MAYBE some video and photo editing in the future. This is why i am going for the bog standard 21.5" as this has more than what i need.

**Not sure if the image is readable but the woman said
"This Friday there is an Apple sales event. I would check in on this day if you can too."

Something has to be up. Apple NEVER advertises this hard for Black Friday! Yes, they announce there BF event and its said, done and over. This year, its everywhere you turn. Even in the stores, its all in your face. Maybe they just need the $$$.............HA! Yea right!!

I hope for a 21.5" Friday :D

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Hey i was speaking to an Apple rep on the online store.
I tried to force some info out of the woman and this is all i got.
Check the image below.

BTW i am a first time poster but i always read the iMac threads.

I have been a Windows user all my life and have had various different laptops over the years.
And now is the time i go from Windows to Mac with the latest iMac Apple has to offer. The Mac OS just looks so much better in my eyes.
The main purposes i will be using the iMac for is mainly word processing, browsing the web, light games and MAYBE some video and photo editing in the future. This is why i am going for the bog standard 21.5" as this has more than what i need.

**Not sure if the image is readable but the woman said
"This Friday there is an Apple sales event. I would check in on this day if you can too."

I think those were automated responses to you question ?

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
The most believable hint that iMacs will be available this Friday is if iMacs are available this Friday.

1251division

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2012
I seriously doubt you are going to switch to Win 8 devices if you've waited this long! Nice touch with the empty threat though I suppose :D

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
I just realized many corporate Apple employees have this week off. I'm starting to think we'll see an iMac and iTunes release primed for Tuesday.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
I guess that we will know in the next 24h :)
One thing is for sure, this long wait will over no matter what, in 4 weeks.
So that is all left to wait.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Tim Cook mentioned that there might be a shortage, I just doubt Apple would be focusing on such a shopping frenzy day. haha

next week most likely :)

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
also noticed this, might be wrong tho...

this wasn't on the iMac store page before, so looks like they are gearing up.

In the overview section, this image wasnt there before
2012-imac-overview-title

and just below that
2012-imac-overview-build

chris1987

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
Absolutely no way would Apple release the iMac on Black Friday.

Where the hell is the incentive for that? Tim has said himself there will be a shortage, so why would Apple give the iMac a discount knowing full well they are going to sell out regardless?

They'll lose thousands of dollars/pounds/whatever releasing the iMac tomorrow. Absolutely no way is that going to happen.

8 days left in November though.. time is ticking.

kyrrebs

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Molde, Norway
Absolutely no way would Apple release the iMac on Black Friday.

Where the hell is the incentive for that? Tim has said himself there will be a shortage, so why would Apple give the iMac a discount knowing full well they are going to sell out regardless?

They'll lose thousands of dollars/pounds/whatever releasing the iMac tomorrow. Absolutely no way is that going to happen.

8 days left in November though.. time is ticking.

Spot on! We will not see the iMac released this week (due to the Black Friday commotion). Tuesday next week is a well-educated guess, in my opinion!

That being said....I'm hoping we won't have to wait until the very end of December for the 27".... :(

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Spot on! We will not see the iMac released this week (due to the Black Friday commotion). Tuesday next week is a well-educated guess, in my opinion!

That being said....I'm hoping we won't have to wait until the very end of December for the 27".... :(

I think it will be mid December or earlier.
Apple wont release the iMac during the xmas holiday....when most of the office will be down. Thats my guess at least.

And I agree, Black Friday release of the iMac with an instant discount, doesn't make sense at all.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
I think it will be mid December or earlier.
Apple wont release the iMac during the xmas holiday....when most of the office will be down. Thats my guess at least.

And I agree, Black Friday release of the iMac with an instant discount, doesn't make sense at all.

Agreed

Also the original rumor from way back said that the release of the 27 would be about a week after the 21

tears2040

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2010
iMacs 99.9% will not be released this Friday, also if they don't get released next week then I'm never coming back to this website again.......

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
releasing this friday would give Apple tons of free press , so it really would not be a loss . they can jusitfy the discount as advertising dollars. besides I would bet most sales will get a student discount wether they are a student or not. so no real revenue loss releasing on Friday.

----------

oh yeah ! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !

chris1987

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008

It's a good possibility that they'll allow customers to purchase the 21.5" and pre-order the 27" on the same day.

I'd imagine they'll know when the 21.5" and 27" models will be available to ship simultaneously (regardless if they can actually ship at the same time or not).

----------

releasing this friday would give Apple tons of free press , so it really would not be a loss . they can jusitfy the discount as advertising dollars. besides I would bet most sales will get a student discount wether they are a student or not. so no real revenue loss releasing on Friday.

----------

Yes, it would be a loss if they release the iMac on Friday.

So, let's say Apple have produced 50,000 iMacs and the current user demand is 200,000 iMacs.

Why would Apple want to release the iMac on Black Friday knowing full well they are going to sell out regardless?

Let's say those figures above are true - that's £70 (roughly) discount per unit. That's £3,500,000 that Apple will lose if they were to sell out their iMac Itinerary on Black Friday as opposed to after Black Friday.

Not going to happen i'm afraid.

Hoping i'm wrong of course :)

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010

----------

They could exclude it from being discounted like they'll do to the iPhone 5, iPad mini, and iPad 4.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
It's a good possibility that they'll allow customers to purchase the 21.5" and pre-order the 27" on the same day.

I'd imagine they'll know when the 21.5" and 27" models will be available to ship simultaneously (regardless if they can actually ship at the same time or not).

----------

Yes, it would be a loss if they release the iMac on Friday.

So, let's say Apple have produced 50,000 iMacs and the current user demand is 200,000 iMacs.

Why would Apple want to release the iMac on Black Friday knowing full well they are going to sell out regardless?

Let's say those figures above are true - that's £70 (roughly) discount per unit. That's £3,500,000 that Apple will lose if they were to sell out their iMac Itinerary on Black Friday as opposed to after Black Friday.

Not going to happen i'm afraid.

Hoping i'm wrong of course :)

3,500,000 to Apple is Like a Couple of Thousand no matter the currency. that 3.5 Mil is like a 30 to 60 second one time commercial on the Super Bowl . the amount of press they would get would most certainly out weigh the discount . like Johnf1285 just mentioned , a BF release does not automatically mean you get a discount. thats my uneducated guess

----------

You guys are over-thinking this.

Thats the whole fun of it . who ever gets it right can smile and say I told you so.

Jimpats

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2010
Releasing in Black Friday does not guarantee a discount. It will pump up its bottom line if they release on Black Friday without even offering discount it will be a sell out.

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Releasing in Black Friday does not guarantee a discount. It will pump up its bottom line if they release on Black Friday without even offering discount it will be a sell out.

I agree. Why does Apple have to give discount? They surely can exclude the Imac...

WOuld be nice if we would have any tomorrow in Glasgow, as I am going into the Centre anyway :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.