Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
I really like my black/slate iPad mini, but there's something about the white one that has me desiring one pretty bad! I have until 1/24/13 to return my current black one to Target, but finding a 16GB white version is SO hard. I've tried for like a whole week using the online reservation at 10PM, and they never have the 16GB white one! I hope the stock picks up soon :/

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I was set on black and best buy only had one 16 wifi that was white so I snagged it.

Now I'm glad I did it looks much different and more unique then other 7" tablets

Plus I already have a black iPhone 5.

That chamfered edge shine when the light hits it at the right angle against the raw aluminum look :cool:

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
I was set on black and best buy only had one 16 wifi that was white so I snagged it.

Now I'm glad I did it looks much different and more unique then other 7" tablets

Plus I already have a black iPhone 5.

That chamfered edge shine when the light hits it at the right angle against the raw aluminum look :cool:

I called my local Best Buy earlier today, and they only had the 64GB version :(

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah it took me a few tries to get a 16 period.

Most stores had none or 64's

Can't see how people are willing to pay double the base mini price for 64 LTE that's highway robbery

in its full white glory on MR:
QzSRO.jpg

in contrast to my trustworthy jailbroken 3:
YAP13.jpg

These don't even do it justice

(getting that same Moko case in mini in the mail in a few days, its fantastic and better than the roocase I ordered. I think I will still use mini mostly naked but it'll be nice to have a travel case/stand)

Last edited:

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
Got my white 16gb AT&T Tuesday :) Visiting Maryland for the holidays and they had them in stock at the Annapolis mall Monday night. Couldn't find one anywhere in Atlanta!

Lend27

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2004
I have one on order from Apple.

I ordered one from Apple on 11/11 and its being delivered on 11/26. It's for my wife. She can't keep her hands off my black one. #

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Damn the white docs look good. I have the white ip5 so settling for an black mini was ok with me.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Same here, OP.

I returned my black Mini to Target yesterday and picked up a N7. I'm going to use it until the white 16GB WiFi are available in stores.

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
I ordered one from Apple on 11/11 and its being delivered on 11/26. It's for my wife. She can't keep her hands off my black one. #

My wife can't keep her hands off of my white one. :D Its a 32gb white from BB that will go back in a few weeks.

See if you have any of those "pretend" (authorized) apple stores in your area. They let me put my name on a list and I picked up 3 white 16s. 15 day return policy if unopened.

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
Wirelessly posted

Good question. I ordered a couple and its not being delivered intil mid Dec. I did locate a couple at a nearby BestBuy last night but unfortunately BestBuy is closed today and I am not waiting in a Black friday line for it. Had they been open today, I would have been there before their door opened.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I really wanted 32GB white but everywhere was sold out and I stumbled upon a new shipment of 16GB at best buy so I grabbed one to take on my holiday travels. I am not sure if I can make 16GB work but I am going to try it out for a while.

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Got my white 16gb AT&T Tuesday :) Visiting Maryland for the holidays and they had them in stock at the Annapolis mall Monday night. Couldn't find one anywhere in Atlanta!

Can you please post a photo of the back of a white iPad mini with LTE!

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
seems a lot of people in this thread had luck with best buy, myself included. seems my store only had random white ones in store, mostly cellular.

When i got my 16 wifi white the guy over the phone said inventory said they had one 1 left, put me on hold for a while, said he rifled through them to find the last one (wasn't expecting to hear good news, 1 in system usually means none and not updated recent enough), I went to go pick it up and looked at the back of the box before buying and it says W-Sprint :(

This was about 20 minutes or so after calling, didn't want to waste any time. cashier went to the backroom for like 5 minutes, and I was expecting no box to be in her hand, but alas, it is mine!

Originally was opting for black, but black iPad and black iPhone, its a nice change with this mini. I'm not regretting it so far, especially next to a family member's mini in black. Seems sort of, boring.

That $50 off 100+ AmEx halo4 promo really really sealed the deal for me. Don't think I'd find a better price on a base mini :)

Reminds me of going to an Apple Store on a whim on a Saturday morning right before opening when iPad2 was still hard to get and like a month out of launch, one guy in front of me requesting a "reserve ticket" but they "only had" a 16 black wifi in stock and the guy in front of me was set on white. I was ecstatic to have an iPad2 period but especially in the color I wanted

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Apple Stores may have some tomorrow. Hopefully Apple was thinking smart and was able to fill some stores up tomorrow since most people will be shopping.

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
I really like my black/slate iPad mini, but there's something about the white one that has me desiring one pretty bad! I have until 1/24/13 to return my current black one to Target, but finding a 16GB white version is SO hard. I've tried for like a whole week using the online reservation at 10PM, and they never have the 16GB white one! I hope the stock picks up soon :/

Does Target have a 90 day return window?

bit_bucket

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Summerville, SC
Just a tip for those looking for white in 16gb. Many college bookstores have these in stock and most don't require you to be a student. I picked mine up at a local college book store with no issues, and its been years since I attended college elsewhere. According to the retailers I have talked to White 16gb is the hottest SKU.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Maybe once people find out that the slate one isn't prone to scuffing (from the reviews I've read) it will become more popular.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Can you please post a photo of the back of a white iPad mini with LTE!

it's rather ugly actually. the LTE antenna bar is an opaque white i guess in an attempt to match the white/silver color scheme. problem is, it looks cheap

it was the way the back looked that turned me off the white/silver model

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
it's rather ugly actually. the LTE antenna bar is an opaque white i guess in an attempt to match the white/silver color scheme. problem is, it looks cheap

it was the way the back looked that turned me off the white/silver model
I was afraid of that.

Do you have a photo?

Cuz Apple only has the black model with LTE back pictures. Not a single white one.

TDANG2210

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2010
Keep the black one.

I've been through 4 iPad mini.
The first one I bought on launch day Black 64gb but returned it because I need money to fix my car.
The second one I bought at Target Black 64gb with gray cover and returned to get the White 64gb with red cover. It's doesn't look as good as my friend black one with red cover on.
So I returned the white one and go to AT&T to get a Black 64gb with 4G. They don't have the 64gb there, only the 16gb white and black. So I was about to leave but the guy said if I let him order me one he would give me a hundred dollars off, I don't have to activate it and sign 2 years contract. I was ecstatic. You guys should try it at AT&T store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.