Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lend27

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
On the mini, the tabs are too small. I keep missing the tab and hitting something else. It's a great browser because of the font selection, but the tab configuration needs to be modified a bit.
Anyone else notice this?

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I prefer Mercury Browser. You can set gestures to page forward and back rather than tab back and forth. There is no default font size for every page, but for pages you visit often you can set a default easily enough. I sent feedback to Apple requesting they allow font increases and page swipes. One can always hope.

Lend27

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
I prefer Mercury Browser. You can set gestures to page forward and back rather than tab back and forth. There is no default font size for every page, but for pages you visit often you can set a default easily enough. I sent feedback to Apple requesting they allow font increases and page swipes. One can always hope.

Looks like Mercury browser fixed their font size issue with their recent update. I like the look of Mercury better then Perfect Browser, so now Merury is my go to browser on the mini.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Looks like Mercury browser fixed their font size issue with their recent update. I like the look of Mercury better then Perfect Browser, so now Merury is my go to browser on the mini.

Gave Mercury a shot once, maybe I'll go back to it. Perfect Browser I have same issues as OP. I like Safari in landscape mode so that may be my choice after all.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Perfect Browser was never so perfect for me.

Currently using Mercury and its the first browser that has actually replaced Safari for any length of time for me on an ipad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.