Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
The next time this happens can we agree to not publicize it and let AT&T see that they freaked up.

It's pretty clear that this was a mistake by AT&T and all the publicity that was drummed up by forums probably caused them to reverse the mistake. Thanks MacRumors. Next time, lets just be thankful for a gift without announcing it to the world.

+1.

MacRumors should've left kre62's thread alone instead of locking it and making it a front page story.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
The next time this happens can we agree to not publicize it and let AT&T see that they freaked up.
MacRumors should've left kre62's thread alone instead of locking it and making it a front page story.

Yes Macrumors is the only outlet for this type of news. Really smart idea to lock it down here.

Maybe once it's locked down here you can move on to Engadget, Slashgear, AllThingsD, ARSTechnica, Imore, The Verge etc.

Get busy.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Yes Macrumors is the only outlet for this type of news. Really smart idea to lock it down here.

Maybe once it's locked down here you can move on to Engadget, Slashgear, AllThingsD, ARSTechnica, Imore, The Verge etc.

Get busy.

This story is on 3 different apple news sites as well

You think they don't get their source from MR here, especially front page news?

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009

Geez. The point escaped you. I'll spell it out for you. If it wasn't MacRumors, it could of been one of the outlets mentioned. Everyone doesn't read MR. You can't lock down a news item like this.

Macrumors is often late with breaking news stories. You've never seen front page news with "IMore is reporting..."?

Expand your horizons beyond MR, your planet is too small.

Last edited:

Chris CA

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2007
Yeah, because MR is the only website with new info (that was NOT even an announcement. Someone simply discovered it on their iPhone) and all the others never get any of their own. They simply wait for MR to post a story then they copy it.
:rolleyes:

talaria-racing

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
No longer working today THANKSGIVING!

Sacramento, iPhone 5, grandfathered unlimited plan. Worked yesterday calling my wife's 4S but not today. Now getting message I need to use wifi or get qualified plan. We have turned our phones off and on several times. I'll reserve praise for AT&T for now.

Last edited:

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Geez. The point escaped you. I'll spell it out for you. If it wasn't MacRumors, it could of been one of the outlets mentioned. Everyone doesn't read MR. You can't lock down a news item like this.

Macrumors is often late with breaking news stories. You've never seen front page news with "IMore is reporting..."?

Expand your horizons beyond MR, your planet is too small.

Yeah, because MR is the only website with new info (that was NOT even an announcement. Someone simply discovered it on their iPhone) and all the others never get any of their own. They simply wait for MR to post a story then they copy it.
:rolleyes:

You do know that the story originated right here with fellow forum member kre62? A forum is the easiest way to find out whether or not a phenomenon might be widespread, not just a single person who happened to come across it especially with the numerous outlets without some form of a discussion forum like MR.

vjim

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
3 days ago FT over cellular worked on my iPad mini unlimited LTE plan but since then it wont let me again... im in Los angeles.. Anyone has the same issue too?

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
You do know that the story originated right here with fellow forum member kre62? A forum is the easiest way to find out whether or not a phenomenon might be widespread, not just a single person who happened to come across it especially with the numerous outlets without some form of a discussion forum like MR.

So what? If it was not kre62 it could of been joe blow from iMore, or some other fan site. To think telling MR not to have made it a FP news item would have prevented ATT from eventually making a correction if FT expansion was unintended is naive.

Last edited:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Hello, big bills :)

Apple does us a favour by retricting this to wi-fi, not to get hugea data charges by th mobile carriers.

But "people actually WANT big data charges" ?

Ok. :).

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
3 days ago FT over cellular worked on my iPad mini unlimited LTE plan but since then it wont let me again... im in Los angeles.. Anyone has the same issue too?

Read through the last two pages of this thread, your answer may be contained therein.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
So what? If it was not kre62 it could of been joe blow from iMore, or some other fan site. To think telling MR not to have made it a FP news item would have prevented ATT from eventually making a correction if FT expansion was unintended is naive.

I'm not disputing that. Just saying MR most certainly accelerated the process.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
I actually got really excited about this and tried for 5 minutes to get it to work.... it didn't. Then I remembered I've never made a FaceTime call in my life, so it put it in perspective.

Chris CA

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2007
You do know that the story originated right here with fellow forum member kre62?
and?

Then everyone who FT over cellular is now not working should be getting upset with him and MR, not at AT&T.
AT&T made no announcement this week concerning FT over cellular..

prk60091

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
iOS 6.0.1 iphone4s AT&T unlimited data Chicago
FT via cellular works until I connect to wifi then blue box appears when I try to enable via cellular
A reboot re-enables FT via cellular

G14

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
AT&T will never get my unlimited data.
If they ever 'force' me to change, Im going to Verizon :)

That's a stupid idea. Verizon's data plans are worse than AT&T's offerings, and they charge out the ass for their service, though it is better. [edit: coverage wise] If you feel like spending more money, by all means, go for it, I'm just throwing my 2¢ in.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
That's a stupid idea. Verizon's data plans are worse than AT&T's offerings, and they charge out the ass for their service, though it is better. [edit: coverage wise] If you feel like spending more money, by all means, go for it, I'm just throwing my 2¢ in.

The price differences are pretty small. You'd have to spend maybe $10/month extra. The benefits are actually being able to use the iPhone as a phone, and having much wider coverage.

By forcing people off unlimited, AT&T is risking the loss of those customers.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
The price differences are pretty small. You'd have to spend maybe $10/month extra. The benefits are actually being able to use the iPhone as a phone, and having much wider coverage.
You mean like being to talk and surf at the same time? Good luck with that.
By forcing people off unlimited, AT&T is risking the loss of those customers.
ATT is not forcing anyone of unlimited. If they were there would be no grandfathered unlimited, period.

----------

I'm not disputing that. Just saying MR most certainly accelerated the process.

Pure speculation. You have no proof other than the reality you dreamed up in your mind that MR help accelerate anything. For all you know ATT could have realized their mistake and were already working on reversing by the time MR contacted them.

prk60091

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
Today in Chicago. I am able to FT w/cellular data and it stays enabled even after signing on to a wifi hot spot.
Ip4s AT&T unlimited data

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.