Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
My nephew is always having issues where the voice command will not turn off. Not sure how he gets the thing to glitch to begin with but the voice will announce everything he is doing and he can't move around. I tried everything I can think I can think of. Hard reset and she still is talking.

Any help please.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
My nephew is always having issues where the voice command will not turn off. Not sure how he gets the thing to glitch to begin with but the voice will announce everything he is doing and he can't move around. I tried everything I can think I can think of. Hard reset and she still is talking.

Any help please.

It's not a glitch. He probably turned on voice over in Settings>General>Accessibility>Voice Over. Turn it off.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I can't scroll on the screen either so I can't get to accessibility. Not really able to get to iTunes to fix it either.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
He probably triple tapped home button, it's a setting in settings

If he triple taps home button will that start up the voice command? How does he turn it off. We have tried everything. I can get to settings and general but can't scroll down to accessibility.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
If he triple taps home button will that start up the voice command? How does he turn it off. We have tried everything. I can get to settings and general but can't scroll down to accessibility.

To scroll down swipe with 3 fingers in a up motion. It should go down, then go in accessibility then go to voice control and turn it off by double clicking it.

(Sorry for late reply)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.