Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Just curious, how many people resisted the urge to get an ipad mini or 4 who bought the 3 less then a year ago. I kept mine because upgrading 2x per year seems a bit much, the software updates will run on it for awhile yet and the fact that I'm pretty sure an updated in both looks and processor ipad is coming out next year. For those who upgraded enjoy your new tech!

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Im keeping the ipad3 but did buy the mini since the iPad 3 can get heavy for everyday use. I agree w you, I think the iPad 5 will have case re design and hopefully some other updates. I really hope the ipad 5 is lighter and better battery life.

romanhdz

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
I use my iPad 3 daily for taking notes during class. While the mini seems VERY convenient with its size and weight, I would have to see if handwriting is as easy as it is on it's 10 inch brother.

But that's a thought for the future, I'm more than happy with my current iPad.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I use my iPad 3gen extensively on a daily basis and I'm very happy with it. I don't feel any need to upgrade, because there is nothing about the 4gen that would offer a significant improvement to my work flow.

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
I had preordered a mini, but canceled after examining one at my local Apple Store. I ended up buying a refurbished 32GB iPad 3 with cellular instead. My reasoning was that by buying an iPad 3, I could save money while still getting a a device with a retina screen and a similar build to the 4. I love the screen real estate and the retina display makes text so clean looking and pleasant to read. I must admit though I sometimes find myself pining for the more portable form factor of the mini. Each has its pros and cons. If I did get the mini I'd probably find myself obsessing over the diminished text clarity and loss of screen real estate:p

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I got the Mini and was all set to sell my iPad 3. I've since changed my mind. The prices are steadily dropping on the iPad 3's and I'm not going to just give it away. I will keep both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.