Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Have you turned off photostream?

Once everything is turned off.

Have you logged into icloud?
What password did you use? The old one or new one?
Any other iphones/macs/ipads etc in the find my "" section?

Change your password again.

Make sure to use a good strong password.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
listen,delete your credit card from apple id,change the email,the password,log out from Icloud,delete the old backups from icloud,disable the photo stream feature,disable everything you can cause you are in real trouble if that guy can see your photos,not sure but still...

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Use the find my iPhone service, and see if you can see the stranger's device.

If your iCloud account is enabled in that stranger iPhone, chances are if also the find my iPhone is also enable that you can locate it and then decide what to do. Send a message, call the cops, call apple, give more details, etc.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
Write on a paper your phone number,and tell the guy what you want and then take a picture of that paper and hopefully it will be uploaded to that stranger's photo stream.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
listen,delete your credit card from apple id,change the email,the password,log out from Icloud,delete the old backups from icloud,disable the photo stream feature,disable everything you can cause you are in real trouble if that guy can see your photos,not sure but still...

I don't know what you keep in your photo album, but if a hacker broke into mine, he'd just see a bunch of stuff that is of no use to him: family members, cars, textbook pages, and videos of my friend improv rapping in a public school on a weekend.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
That's the key, leave nothing important or personal in there.

I'd have to really try to leave important stuff in my photo library. Gather all of my personal info and passwords on a sheet of paper, then take a picture of that...

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Question:

Why are the two photos you shared different? That would mean the person chose to take a picture of their info screen twice... not even twice in a row. (The times are different, the charge percent is different, and the status bar is a different color.)

Not to say I don't believe you, I just find it odd that you have two pictures of their settings on hand.

Write on a paper your phone number,and tell the guy what you want and then take a picture of that paper and hopefully it will be uploaded to that stranger's photo stream.

Good idea! If this is going both ways, maybe they're just as confused about seeing your stuff as you are about seeing theirs... pretend you're a hacker and threaten them! Demand that they wire you money or you'll distribute pictures of them that you were able to hack their phone into taking remotely. (I'm kidding, of course.)

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I'd call Apple and ask to talk with a superior, unless they took this serious. It is a major security issue, if their databases are ****ing.

If they don't care, I'll go to the media. Then things will wrap up, Apple will get tons of bad PR, and in the end Cook will show up at your doorstep with a free iPhone 5 and an apology - Case closed!

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Just out of curiosity. Since that's not your phone why did you scrub out the serial number ?

Are you sure that isn't yours ?

I doubt the OP is a retard. Could have just been a courtesy to the Italian dude.

spacemanspifff

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2010
SPACE
I think - like the other poster above, It's an iOS 6 thing.

He's clearly on the new system, you're not! He's shared his Photostream with you either by accident or because he knows you? However, you're not on the new system, so you can't un-share it!

I would hope that when Apple releases iOS 6 (perhaps later today/tonight?) then you'll be able to opt out of seeing this guys photos. Once Apple updates everything, if you still can't get rid of this guy, then call Apple and complain.

There should have been an opt-in message for you to accept? But again, maybe because he's using beta software something is screwed up.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
I think - like the other poster above, It's an iOS 6 thing.

He's clearly on the new system, you're not! He's shared his Photostream with you either by accident or because he knows you? However, you're not on the new system, so you can't un-share it!

I would hope that when Apple releases iOS 6 (perhaps later today/tonight?) then you'll be able to opt out of seeing this guys photos. Once Apple updates everything, if you still can't get rid of this guy, then call Apple and complain.

There should have been an opt-in message for you to accept? But again, maybe because he's using beta software something is screwed up.
Can't be that you can't see shared photo streams if you have iOS 5 installed.

LSUstang05

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2011
Question:

Why are the two photos you shared different? That would mean the person chose to take a picture of their info screen twice... not even twice in a row. (The times are different, the charge percent is different, and the status bar is a different color.)

Not to say I don't believe you, I just find it odd that you have two pictures of their settings on hand.

The two that he shared in the same post is one of his phone (iPhone 4) and one of the stranger's iPhone. If you scroll up the thread when he showed the stranger's iPhone settings first, he had blurred the serial number. When you compare it to the second photo, everything is the same including the time, battery percentage, model number, etc... So the two pictures he has isn't odd, he was just providing his info and the stranger's to try and quell any concerns that this was fake.

masc

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2008
I just had the same issue.

Bought a new iPad mini yesterday, made a backup from iCloud and while it downloaded my pictures and Apps, it came up to re-enter the password. I noticed the email address shown was actually not mine, but i did not really pay attention.

Later on, i went to my photo stream and found a picture which is not mine.

SimonTheSoundMa

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2006
Birmingham, UK
This happened to me when photostream first launched. I was receiving random peoples photos. After several calls to Apple Care, they said they had quite a few calls from other people experiencing the same issue. I cleared my photostream and it stopped. Haven't heard anyone else get this recently though.

Had the same with twitpic at one time too.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
Go to the location thing where it shows you the GPS of where the photos are taken.
If possible go to that local and see if you can find them.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Go to the location thing where it shows you the GPS of where the photos are taken.
If possible go to that local and see if you can find them.

This.

Go into iPhoto and see where they live. If you get there an its a fit bird smile and walk away. You just hit the jackpot.

oh and if you can see their photos there is a small chance they can see yours.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Interesting conversation and I'll point out that the OP hasn't been back since September and as previously mentioned his screenshots show an iOS 6 beta device.

masc

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2008
I checked the photos, there is no GPS location stored.
Also most of the EXIF data is missing, i assume he has transferred the photos to his phone (after editing with Photoshop or the like), and not made the photos with it.

Deanog

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
Others photos in I cloud

I am having this problem with photos apearing randomly on my ipad and iphone the photos all apear to be from the same persons account any ideas anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.