Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
guys pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase help

if anybody knows what's happening
when i recharged my battery and it was full,I unplugged it
and when And when I did that The icon of the battery turn into red

And I am now very scared
Not because my MacBook Pro turning into evil,that was only a joke
Because I want to know the reasons That caused this really

thanx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 1434-01-07 at 10.43.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 1434-01-07 at 10.43.24 PM.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 241

bluespaceoddity

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
anything please?!!!
"Red Battery Icon" shows up in some Google / Apple forums searches but doesn't appear to be associated with an actual problem from casual glances at those. (other than that exploding issue mentioned above)

Have you checked the battery health in either the Menu Bar (Hold Option key and click the icon on the screen) or in the System Report (About this Mac > More info > Power > Health information: Condition : ) ?

falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012

oh yeah i just evacuated

hhhhhhhhhh i'm kidding too
thanx

"Red Battery Icon" shows up in some Google / Apple forums searches but doesn't appear to be associated with an actual problem from casual glances at those. (other than that exploding issue mentioned above)

Have you checked the battery health in either the Menu Bar (Hold Option key and click the icon on the screen) or in the System Report (About this Mac > More info > Power > Health information: Condition : ) ?

thanx and i could do the option-click on the battery and it was Normal but i couldn't find "Power" when i clicked "more info"
thanx very much

bluespaceoddity

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
...but i couldn't find "Power" when i clicked "more info"
thanx very much
Perhaps because I left out some steps. Sorry about that. Hopefully this will get you there:
About this Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > Power...
Battery Information > Health Information > Cycle count and Condition.
(System Report can also be found in the Applications Folder > Utilities Folder* where it is named System Information (Used to be called System Profiler))

*(Which is "Other" when using LauchPad for some obscure reason)

falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Perhaps because I left out some steps. Sorry about that. Hopefully this will get you there:
About this Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > Power...
Battery Information > Health Information > Cycle count and Condition.
(System Report can also be found in the Applications Folder > Utilities Folder* where it is named System Information (Used to be called System Profiler))

*(Which is "Other" when using LauchPad for some obscure reason)

thanx that was helping
for "condition" it says it's "Normal"
but for "cycle count" i have a question
how many is it supposed to be?
thanx very much

quasinormal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Sydney, Australia.
The cycle count is merely the amount of complete cycles you battery has done. for example, if you use your MBP fully charged and then discharge to 0%, it is one complete cycle. Similarly if you take MBP at 100% and use it till 50% on two occaisons, that is also one cycle.

From what I can gather the red battery symbol is merely a minor bug. If it bothers you, try resetting the System Management Unit

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

You could also try accepting Jesus as your Lord and Personal Saviour. Just kidding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.