Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbbob

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I have an iPad 3 with only wifi. I have pages and numbers on it and also some spreadsheets already on it. Now, my question is if I take this out of the house where there is no wifi will I still be able to type anything in the spreadsheets and have them saved or do I need wifi?
Thanks

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
Not trying to be sarcastic, but disabling the WiFi temporarily on your iPad and trying to open the application to see if it still works is a very straightforward process, and faster than asking in a forum.

Again, not trying to be sarcastic. Just giving a tip.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
You can work on Pages whether you have wifi or not. They just won't sync via your devices until you are in range of wifi.

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
You can work on Pages whether you have wifi or not. They just won't sync via your devices until you are in range of wifi.

I think a better way to say what MonkeySee is saying is that you can use Pages while not connected to WiFi and you can create, edit and save documents to your iPad while not connected to WiFi just like you can on a Mac computer. However, just like with a Mac computer, if you are not connected to WiFi, you will not be able to access and edit documents stored remotely in something like iCloud or Dropbox.

You can test this yourself by turning off WiFi through the Settings icon on your iPad and then launching Pages to confirm that it works.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I think a better way to say what MonkeySee is saying is that you can use Pages while not connected to WiFi and you can create, edit and save documents to your iPad while not connected to WiFi just like you can on a Mac computer. However, just like with a Mac computer, if you are not connected to WiFi, you will not be able to access and edit documents stored remotely in something like iCloud or Dropbox.

You can test this yourself by turning off WiFi through the Settings icon on your iPad and then launching Pages to confirm that it works.

Yes, that's much better, cheers. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.