Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
Well personally if they bring out another one in March i should of thought that there wouldn't be that much of change to say i need to buy that one it would be just maybe a little lighter and faster more apps i should of thought and that about it really not special apple have to release one every year to keep up for the competition if they didn't then they would soon be losing money and fast too that the only reason they release one every year i'am still on 1st generation iPad and i have just bought a mini now on launch day just purely to have something light to carry around with me when i am traveling around instead of taken the 9'7 inch iPad with the mini is just perfect for traveling of coarse but my preference that i would prefer the mini for traveling and using the 9'7 inch iPad when at home to watch Tv & movies & Tv series.I can honestly say there isn't really a lot of difference from the first generation iPad only that it lighter more compact and perfect for when you are out and about doing things but besides that there is no difference at all really.I will me keeping my iPad 1st generation for a while longer if they do make the screen bigger in the next iPad then i may consider upgraded but at the moment i'am not bothered really about it

SJism23- if you aren't going to do photo editing or video editing the maybe a iPad 2 or even 3 would be fine for you need i don't know what you want a iPad for coarse a lot of people use iPad for different things
if you are going to use it for work environment then i think the best thing to do is really is to buy the latest one so that it can keep up with your work flow during your day.For example the iPad 1st generation is a bit slow for doing some tasks don't get me wrong it can cope but sometimes it could be a bit faster for things

My iPad 1st generation works fine for me because i just purely use it for watching movies on tv series on and that it really nothing else really i don't store photos or anything like that on it so it suite me needs perfect

if you are photographer or something of the field then i would recommend getting the latest iPad to have a smooth work flow experience some of the older iPads would be a little bit slower for this type of thing.

But if you are going to use it just to check Email check Facebook,Twitter and things like that then i should of thought a older iPad would be ok for that sort of thing of coarse it depends on how much you have to spend only you can answer these questions no one on the forum can do that for you.

Have you ever thought about buying a mini that something to consider maybe go in the apple store and try one out and find out and make your decision at the end of the day you want to be happy with your purchase me personally i love the iPad mini and it suites my needs very well in fact for when traveling or just want to look for something up on the internet or play games or read the forums when i'am out and about some where.

A lot of people have traded there 9'7 inch iPads in for the mini just thought that i would make you aware of that seems that the mini is taken off well.

I dont think we will see a mini in march i should of thought i would be the the 9'7 inch iPad then we would see the new iPad mini in october time a couple of weeks after the new iPhone release then it would tie in with the new ibooks release of coarse that just a rough guess don't take this gossip it just a prediction of apple movements of what happened last year apple are quite good at repeating there patterns.

I hope that my information has helped you out and you are happy with your purchase

(me personally i cannot put the iPad mini down i love it best thing i bought and use it more then the 9'7)

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
Buy 32 GB today with discounts and resell it used around the discounted price when iPad 5 comes out. This is the first time a new iPad was released close to Black Friday.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Personally,I would wait for the iPad 8:D

8 is too crooked of a number. How about the "10", a match to Bo Derek in here earlier years.

Seriously OP, get the 4. You don't know when the 5 is coming and what the specs would be. If you buy it at Best Buy, you can pay a small fee to upgrade down the road and recoup more than selling it outright more than likely. Check with them for that policy.

The 4 is available right now for $459 in store by the way.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Don't get it now!

You will regret it the rest of you life!

Wait for the next generation...it's only a few months. Then if you get it...wait. You better not get the next next generation, because relatively shortly after that one comes out, they'll be a new one.

If you buy the next, next generation, it will be better than the one before it!

BUT...it won't be as good as the one after that...which will be out soon after....

Ah, hell...you better not buy any one because soon there will be a better one...and you'll feel like crap!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2011
ipad4 is perfect, thin and light and with amazing battery life. but i will be getting ipad5 anyway ;) However I think it is time for apple to release iOS7 instead of new and fast gadgets running outdated OS. It is time for new iOS!!

PhiladelphiaX

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2012
Get the 4. It'll probably be cheaper and probably over all worth it. You sometimes have to say to yourself that you're content with your device at least for a good 4 to 5 years, then upgrade, instead of upgrading every year - or even worse, multiple times in a year. It's just not sustainable.

CaneCollegeboy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2003
To be fair for everyone saying get the 4 and sell it to get the 5 just look at how well the ipad 3 has held its value and thats against an identical ipad (exterior). Imagine the resale value against a redesigned ipad 5 with better battery etc.

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
To be fair for everyone saying get the 4 and sell it to get the 5 just look at how well the ipad 3 has held its value and thats against an identical ipad (exterior). Imagine the resale value against a redesigned ipad 5 with better battery etc.

If iPad 2 keeps selling at $399 and refurbished iPad 4 become $380, using an iPad 4 bought for $459 for whatever months and selling it at $380 is $80 plus tax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.