Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dyax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
Hey, so i've got a 8gb USB. Firstly i got the .iso file from windows website. Secondly i burned the .iso file to to my USB using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool, which didn't work.
Then i used UltraISO to burn the .iso to my USB, which worked successfully. *With MS-DOS(FAT 32) format*

I connected the USB to my mac, ran bootcamp assistance but it couldn't recognize my bootable USB. Please help me! This is so frustrating!

Do i have to run something in order for it to recognize it?

I'm doing this off a Windows 7 32bit laptop.

Thanks.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Hey, so i've got a 8gb USB. Firstly i got the .iso file from windows website. Secondly i burned the .iso file to to my USB using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool, which didn't work.
Then i used UltraISO to burn the .iso to my USB, which worked successfully. *With MS-DOS(FAT 32) format*

I connected the USB to my mac, ran bootcamp assistance but it couldn't recognize my bootable USB. Please help me! This is so frustrating!

Do i have to run something in order for it to recognize it?

I'm doing this off a Windows 7 32bit laptop.

Thanks.

You just need the iso to create the bootable disk with bootcamp.

Save the iso on the desktop and use the bootcamp to create the bootable disk with the flashdrive. (Don't forget to download the windows drivers from Apple. Btw 8 gig flash drive might not be enough.)

create new partition and run bootable disk (USB flash) to load windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.