Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
So now our new projected date is Tuesday, November 27th for the new iMacs since they are "usually" released on Tuesdays?? Fingers crossed!!! :cool:

Or on or before Friday the 30 - lets hope so as many of you will be heading off the cliff.

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Or on or before Friday the 30 - lets hope so as many of you will be heading off the cliff.

LOL! I dont know how Apple does it, but damn, they have us by the b*lls with their products (for those of us that let them :)). I think its the "not knowing" when something will be release that drives us INSANE!:D

Dyn-tec

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I guess Apple just announced the imac will come out November OF 2013.....

The rumor is a janitor at Apple changed the year on a calender in the office and now here we are with no iMacs!!

Last edited:

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
I seriously hope the waiting game ends on either Tuesday or Friday.

I am scheduled to be off on Tuesday and from coming Friday for a week.

Once I do have the Imac I will have another problem though... What do I do with all the spare time, since I do not need to check this webpage anymore :D

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Why couldn't apple just say late November?

This month has been driving people nuts with having to check for status so often.

Alfred.Woodden

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2007
Norway
You people crack me up!

Agreed.

"It's gonna be this tuesday for sure. I called Apple Support and they told me"

"Next tuesday or thursday sounds about right. We're 3 weeks in November"

"iMacs will be released this friday. My source at Apple confirmed it. "

"OK, it has to be next tuesday, Apple always releases stuff on tuesdays"

"Alright, so tuesday didn't happen, but next tuesday is the last of the month"

"OK, Friday 29th, that's when it'll happen. I feel it in my gut"

Pathetic. That's what you are.

Lankyman

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
U.K.
Hey i was speaking to an Apple rep on the online store.
I tried to force some info out of the woman and this is all i got.
Check the image below.

BTW i am a first time poster but i always read the iMac threads.

I have been a Windows user all my life and have had various different laptops over the years.
And now is the time i go from Windows to Mac with the latest iMac Apple has to offer. The Mac OS just looks so much better in my eyes.
The main purposes i will be using the iMac for is mainly word processing, browsing the web, light games and MAYBE some video and photo editing in the future. This is why i am going for the bog standard 21.5" as this has more than what i need.

**Not sure if the image is readable but the woman said
"This Friday there is an Apple sales event. I would check in on this day if you can too."

Both Windows and OS X would serve your needs adequately. You are being seduced by aesthetics. Mountain Lion is not without its bugs believe me. In fact I'm currently finding W8 more stable than ML especially in relation to networks.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
Apple broke world record with the waiting game.
I wonder if it is possible to sue them( if the computer won't arrive to buy on novmber).
Giving that so many business depend on it.
We had our laugh and fun of the waiting game, we love apple, but enough is enough.

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Apple broke world record with the waiting game.
I wonder if it is possible to sue them( if the computer won't arrive to buy on novmber).
Giving that so many business depend on it.
We had our laugh and fun of the waiting game, we love apple, but enough is enough.

It is,you're right and by way i suppose next year going close to retina on Apple-where ,Apple HdtV if any..,mac mini with haswell-hd5000 and on the other side microsoft with Win8 products and approaching to next xbox720...well i suppose the competition will arise and narrow leaving Cook.Apple no other decision to start running too..i mean i i saw rumors about new Ipad mini and Iphone 5S already and ipad4 its here very close to ipad3..
then,i think Apple will launch 21 and 27 next week,with the former already available to be sold and the 27 to be pre-ordered.
Well,this is what i hope,even because shifting 21 to December and 27 to January 2013 would be..a not wise decision maybe,many here have waited too much and while windows 8 its not,in my opinion,comparable to Osx,well its already out on the shelves.

Lankyman

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
U.K.
Well,this is what i hope,even because shifting 21 to December and 27 to January 2013 would be..a not wise decision maybe,many here have waited too much and while windows 8 its not,in my opinion,comparable to Osx,well its already out on the shelves.

As you say in your opinion. I'm currently running 8 as a VM on my iMac and am finding it more stable and less buggy than ML.

Last edited:

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
It is,you're right and by way i suppose next year going close to retina on Apple-where ,Apple HdtV if any..,mac mini with haswell-hd5000 and on the other side microsoft with Win8 products and approaching to next xbox720...well i suppose the competition will arise and narrow leaving Cook.Apple no other decision to start running too..i mean i i saw rumors about new Ipad mini and Iphone 5S already and ipad4 its here very close to ipad3..
then,i think Apple will launch 21 and 27 next week,with the former already available to be sold and the 27 to be pre-ordered.

I think Win8 is gonna be a BiG Fail, Time will give us the answer but I can't see it as a good OS like Windows7 or WinXP, It's most alike windows Vista... or even worst

Sped

macrumors regular
May 30, 2003
iMac shortages not new

I understand many of you are waiting for a new desktop, but this situation isn't new for Apple. This was the situation on 2009. And please don't act like Apple is withholding machines just to toy with your emotions.

Grockel

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Devon, UK
With all this speculation about when the iMac would be released I thought I'd contribute Monty Python's view of how many weeks we should wait.....

Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

Lankyman

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
U.K.
I think Win8 is gonna be a BiG Fail, Time will give us the answer but I can't see it as a good OS like Windows7 or WinXP, It's most alike windows Vista... or even worst

Why do you think that? Click the Desktop tile and you could be forgiven for thinking you are back using Windows 7 - totally familiar.

gegeviana

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Agreed.

"It's gonna be this tuesday for sure. I called Apple Support and they told me"

"Next tuesday or thursday sounds about right. We're 3 weeks in November"

"iMacs will be released this friday. My source at Apple confirmed it. "

"OK, it has to be next tuesday, Apple always releases stuff on tuesdays"

"Alright, so tuesday didn't happen, but next tuesday is the last of the month"

"OK, Friday 29th, that's when it'll happen. I feel it in my gut"

Pathetic. That's what you are.

Rude, that's what you are!

The forum is called macrumors not macuniversaltruth. People are allowed to express their opinions and their guesses as well! You're not forced to believe anything they say if you don't want to

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.