Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
this year was aggravating but good

i saved and saved just enough and was ready to buy a macbook pro retina 15 inch base model on black friday. Then one day the dog started crying so I took him to the vet and they said he has cavities. Being that I love my dog and had a couple bucks saved I said do what needs to be done. They told me to drop him off the night before and they will take care of him in the morning. He is family so of course I worried about him alone in a vet cage so I made sure he had his bed and favourite blanket for the puppy snug. I of course still cried because I missed him. Anyway I get there in the morning. I resolved myself before I brought him in to basically downsizing my computer goals from retina pro 15 to maybe an 11 inch air. when I got through the door they said he did great and was ok. I was so happy.

then she hands me the bill. I nearly died. I wasn't sure they were going to let me take him home because they pulled 15 teeth and cleaned what was left. I was kinda relieved that I had enough money because she said she made a slight billing error. so instead of 2000 it was only 1000-ish plus tax plus ear care and analgesic for pain/antibiotics. All was good. However now after going through my finances realized that I was going to be screwed on black friday and will have to wait to get my computer another month down the road. I'm fortunate my puppy is no longer in pain. he's hugging me right now :) but I do need the laptop. (portable production studio) so I count down the days until I get paid. gogo "Minimum Wage-A-Tron 500". ooo gives me an idea for the next release title.

Jamz00

macrumors member
May 9, 2009
I was looking at my email while in traffic today and saw it for $962 and thought if it was still there when I got home I'd order it. I said f- it and pulled the trigger. I'm glad I did because when I got home I saw it for 1034.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Amazon has been the best place to get MacBook Pros so far.
Not if you're one of the states subject to sales tax. :(

I'll stick with B&H. Generally good deals, exemplary customer service, free shipping and of course, no sales tax for me.

bopat

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2005
Steep discounts on the 256GB 13 model?

Anyone have any info on good discounts on the 256GB model? Although the 128 GB model is at a fantastic price on Amazon, I'm a little hesitant to spring for it. I will be coming from a mid-2008 black macbook with 250 GB (of which I have about 6 GB of free space left -- needless to say, this machine is slow as molasses!!) :rolleyes:

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
Apple's discounts are like starting haggling at 70% off and settling for 70p off because you still feel you got a good deal...

... By saving 70p..

They had some pretty pathetic discounts in the uk. Almost as if the only offers were under £100 off certain Macs rather than a percentage off with higher discounts on the more expensive items.

anvikapur

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Apple's discounts are like starting haggling at 70% off and settling for 70p off because you still feel you got a good deal...

... By saving 70p..

very well said discount is simply making fool around by making profit at par

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
That 13 inch Mac Pro still looks like a pretty decent laptop. No SSD, no retina, but no problems either. Solid and looking good at $1,000 or so.
Macbook still hanging in there, but GF reports slightly more quirkiness from time to time from it. Can it last me another year? That would be nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.