Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
They also indicate why, which is not their opinion. Had you taken the time to read the review, you'd know this....well most people would. To keep us even, I up-voted my own post.
Thinking that up voting your own post is important is a clear sign you need a life:)

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Thinking that up voting your own post is important is a clear sign you need a life:)

The inability to read and understand English is a clear sign night school should be in your future. I was simply doing what JoeShades did, i.e., he upvoted his own post.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Not speed navigating or downloading?

About the same.

How about watching letterboxed videos?

The exact same.

How about the sound quality of the speakers?

The Mini actually sounds better.

I didn't really like the portrait mode viewing web pages on the Mini and having to use a different browser to enlarge the font.

Safari and the Mini in landscape mode does the trick for me. I don't like portrait mode in the Mini but I didn't like it on my iPad 3 either.

The reduction in weight is the biggest upside for me,

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
The inability to read and understand English is a clear sign night school should be in your future. I was simply doing what JoeShades did, i.e., he upvoted his own post.
Thanks for proving my thesis :cool:
Oops he did again (up voted his own post) Ha

mathi-vadhanan

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2011
Socal
Nexus7 user.

Nexus 7 user here. So went with the ipad4, best of both worlds. It really depends what you want to do with it. I wanted ipad mostly for browsing and streaming HD movies, ipad4 was no brainer for me.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Got the mini launch and picked up a 4 online at the Black Friday event yesterday - best of both worlds.

I just picked up the wireless keyboard as well and will be using that primarily at home with the 4. The mini will be my travel iPad. The mini is also far better to use as a controller while playing games from your iPad on your television (through Apple TV). I think there is room for both of these devices in ones home.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Got the mini launch and picked up a 4 online at the Black Friday event yesterday - best of both worlds.

I just picked up the wireless keyboard as well and will be using that primarily at home with the 4. The mini will be my travel iPad. The mini is also far better to use as a controller while playing games from your iPad on your television (through Apple TV). I think there is room for both of these devices in ones home.

Not sure I'll keep both to tell the truth. I really like the Mini but the deal for 4 screamed so I picked one up. Too tempting and I feel like I'd rather have a device with more updated technology to tell the truth versus the size and weight convenience of the Mini.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Not sure I'll keep both to tell the truth. I really like the Mini but the deal for 4 screamed so I picked one up. Too tempting and I feel like I'd rather have a device with more updated technology to tell the truth versus the size and weight convenience of the Mini.

The size factor of the mini is the deal breaker for me. The 4 will be nice but the mini is where my heart is.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
The size factor of the mini is the deal breaker for me. The 4 will be nice but the mini is where my heart is.

Opposite for me. Mini felt like a kids toy so returned it. Bought a 4 yesterday.

Feels like a proper iPad! Probably because I have used a 2 almost every day since launch.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Opposite for me. Mini felt like a kids toy so returned it. Bought a 4 yesterday.

Feels like a proper iPad! Probably because I have used a 2 almost every day since launch.

I think for home use, full size iPad wins. iPad mini is far better as a smaller, lighter travel option (in my opinion). Also, I couldn't imagine playing FIFA 13 on my iPad through my apple TV using the full size iPad as a controller. iPad mini worked perfectly.

Love my mini but can't wait for my 4 to arrive in the post in a few days.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
The iPad 4 is definitely faster, the screen looks better, etc., but the point is you want the form-factor of the mini or you want the form-factor of the regular iPad.

If you compare spec for spec, then the mini will look and feel horrible.

I spent about $800 (with tax and AppleCare+) on the iPad mini, so really it was down the fact that the smaller iPad is something that I want, not the regular sized iPad (which I also own, but have not touched once since I bough the mini).

I don't miss the Retina display and the iPad is fast enough for everything I need to do on it.

Hell, I didn't buy my rMBP for the Retina display. I wanted a thinner 15" MacBook Pro.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I like my mini too, and still think ill keep my ipad 3 around (but not sure, maybe ill get rid of it) but if you wanted 15" Rmbp for form factor and screen didn't matter why not get an air instead?

I love my air.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
but if you wanted 15" Rmbp for form factor and screen didn't matter why not get an air instead?

I didn't say I didn't want the screen size. I didn't care if it was a Retina display or not. All I want is a 15" laptop with a 1680x1050 display. So had they made the 15" 1680x1050 diplay into the new form, I would have been content with that.

The 15" had more than just a bigger screen; quad-core CPU, faster GPU, more RAM.

Also, Apple doesn't make a 15" MacBook Air. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.