Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ngorkes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I just got my mac mini yesterday and I was trying to do app updates and iPhoto said it needed 10.8.2 to update and then I went to check for update and it said there was no updates available. Do you know whats wrong?

sno1man

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
You're pretty much SOL.

boy that was a helpful response:rolleyes:

To answer the OP question. Apple pulled the 10.8.2 update for the mini (both through software update and standalone) last week for some as yet unspecified reason.

Other people that have contacted Apple have been told that Apple will be posting a new version next week.

neemtree

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2008
10.8.2 Update mirror site

After more than a week of frustration waiting to update my new mini to 10.8.2, I saw this link on apple's mac mini discussion board:

http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownlo...-2012-Mac-mini-Late-2012-Download-125902.html

Downloaded and ran the update. Upon reboot, there was some strange behavior where the OS asked repeatedly for apple ID and password for iMessage and FaceTime. I guess this is the keychain issue I've seen mentioned. I canceled out of that and downloaded the supplemental update to 10.8.2 via Software Update.

All seems to be good. I recommend doing this if you're out of patience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.