Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznboi91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
This may sound dumb.... but...
Is there any particular way of restoring the iPhone5 to work on T-mobile? I just bought it straight from the apple store at retail price today.

Thanks for all the help!

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
This may sound dumb.... but...
Is there any particular way of restoring the iPhone5 to work on T-mobile? I just bought it straight from the apple store at retail price today.

Thanks for all the help!

The easiest way to do is, is to buy an unlock from unlock fusion on eBay for $4. They will unlock your iMEI and then all you need to do is restore the phone and it should be unlocked for any GSM sim.

If you bought the Verizon, it comes factory unlocked for GSM.

aznboi91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
The easiest way to do is, is to buy an unlock from unlock fusion on eBay for $4. They will unlock your iMEI and then all you need to do is restore the phone and it should be unlocked for any GSM sim.

If you bought the Verizon, it comes factory unlocked for GSM.

I bought the Verizon 32GB version. So does that mean I just have to pop my nano sim in there and it should automatically work? No restoration process needed?

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I bought the Verizon 32GB version. So does that mean I just have to pop my nano sim in there and it should automatically work? No restoration process needed?

No process needed. Just pop in nano sim and you're good to go. Hopefully in your area you get 3G service tho otherwise it's Edge speeds for ya.

aznboi91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
No process needed. Just pop in nano sim and you're good to go. Hopefully in your area you get 3G service tho otherwise it's Edge speeds for ya.

Wow... is it supposed to be this difficult to get the iPhone 5 sim tray out?
Its like stuck or something...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.