Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmillar74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Livonia, Michigan
I have a genius appointment today for this. Does anyone know if they will replace my iPad due to this? (pic) I only notice it in darker movies, pics, and such. I also notice light leaking through the bottom of the bezel. What do you guys think? There is a greenish blotch off to the right side but not under the bezel. The light coming under the bezel is on the bottom.

Dan

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    614.4 KB · Views: 145
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    575.8 KB · Views: 137

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
DAMN.

heck yeah they will replace that. no questions asked lol.

is that an iPad 4 or a refurb iPad 3? the reason why i ask is bc every apple refurb product is fully tested so it baffles me how that ever made it through the QC process.

dmillar74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Livonia, Michigan
iPad 3

It is an iPad 3 I bought brand new when it first came out. I just started noticing this. Maybe it is getting worse than when I first got it? I'm a little nervous though because they may have to go into a dark room to see it. I only see it when I'm in a darker room and have something dark on the screen. The pictures shown were in a 'somewhat' darker room.

Dan

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
It is an iPad 3 I bought brand new when it first came out. I just started noticing this. Maybe it is getting worse than when I first got it? I'm a little nervous though because they may have to go into a dark room to see it. I only see it when I'm in a darker room and have something dark on the screen. The pictures shown were in a 'somewhat' darker room.

Dan

They'll definitely replace it regardless. Just save this thread on your iPad, lol. The only thing is you'll probably get a refurb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.