Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Spoilers

I took this quote from the What's on T.V.? thread.

2 Words.

Jordana. Brewster.

I'm sure you know, she plays Elena Ramos, daughter of the Ewing family cook. Do you like her? I was shocked on the day of Christopher's wedding to (Rebecca?) when Elena, discovered the reason Christopher had broken off their engagement with her at some previous point in times was because he hadn't, claiming he had waited for her for 6 hrs (to get married) and and she never showed up! And the reason she did not show up...shocker... was that she had received an email from Christopher that he was breaking up from her. So she fled to Mexico to drown her sorrows to be followed and subsequently hook up with JRjr!.

They did not waste any time getting in to it. I'm liking the aspect of Bobby wanting to sell South Fork to the fake "Conservancy" rep, JRjr and Christopher not wanting him to sell while JRjr trying to play both JR and Bobby. Not to mention Christopher's new wife... :)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I know how it will all end, Bobby will walk out of the shower and the whole idea was just a dream.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
I kind of fell out of love with the show toward the end of its original run. The cheese just got to be too much for me.

I happened to be flipping channels the other night and caught the first half of the new version. It didn't keep my interest either.

But it did have one saving grace: I was impressed with the opening credits. Yes, for once, dammit, the producers didn't screw it up! In fact, they got it just right. They modified the theme song only slightly, and the visuals and graphics are similar to the original, just updated.

You don't screw too much with an iconic opening credits sequence.

Unfortunately, that was, from what I could see, the best part of the show.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Spoiler Included...

I'm liking the atmosphere on this show, but I missed the episode when Bobby finds out the deed to Southfork has been transferred to JR. Drats, DVR operator error!!!!

Is this show a hit I wonder?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I never liked Dallas. The show or the city.

But I don't understand what an unshielded spoiler is ?

what's a shielded spoiler ?

Unfortunately MR includes no spoiler brackets. The usual way to shield a spoiler is to turn the text for the spoiler to white and bracket it with the word "spoiler". An unshielded spoiler would be to just blurt it out. :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I just caught last Wed's episode. I don't know why, but I'm loving it. Several bomb shells per episode it seems. :)

Reshooting JR on Home Turf

TNT’s reboot of the classic television series “Dallas” has proved a boon on many levels. The nearly forgotten stars of the original CBS show — Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray — reprise their roles and have been given a new lease on their careers.

TNT executives, meanwhile, are no doubt pleased with the show’s ratings. Since its premiere in mid-June, “Dallas” has averaged nearly seven million viewers each week, making it one of the most popular scripted shows on basic cable.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The season finale was excellent! If I have a critique of the show, they included about 2 seasons worth of double dealing and back stabbing in a single abbreviated season- fast and furious. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.