Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
I'm just getting tired of the amount of people saying the iMacs have been delayed because they've been waiting for most of November.

Apple stated November, they didn't state beginning of November or end of November. Simply November. What month is it right now? November!

We won't know if it's delayed unless Apple say so or it turns over to December 1st and we're sitting here with no order button.

/rant over

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
UK
If you're fed up of people saying the iMac is late imagine how the Mac Pro crowd will feel '2013' :D

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Well it's really annoying that they just said November, should have been more specific and then that French rumor arghhh

It's funny if they put it out on last few days of November they should just have said december for both! Bloody ridiculous.

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
UK
I think its safe to say the Pro is gone and forgotten in Apples eyes

Ah shush your pessimism :p - the pro's have not been forgotten, Apple just haven't had a worthwhile offering from Intel to work with. 2013 is an ideal year to work with offerings from intel.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
If you're fed up of people saying the iMac is late imagine how the Mac Pro crowd will feel '2013' :D

But even their 2006 machines are still fast, they can upgrade them more easily, and on top of that, the Mac Pro is still available in store and online, whereas you can't buy an iMac online right now.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
I think they'll release the 2012 iMac on April 1st 2013, take orders then turn around and say "Just kidding! But look, you can buy a Macbook Pro, right this way!" on April 2nd.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Ah shush your pessimism :p - the pro's have not been forgotten, Apple just haven't had a worthwhile offering from Intel to work with. 2013 is an ideal year to work with offerings from intel.

I saw a TV commercial the other day for the MacBook Pro which said "for the pro in all of us". I thought that spoke volumes about how they saw their 'pro' products.

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
UK
I saw a TV commercial the other day for the MacBook Pro which said "for the pro in all of us". I thought that spoke volumes about how they saw their 'pro' products.

It sure did, it speaks to the customer base they have and the state of portables coming to a level that only professionals have seen in the past.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
I'm just getting tired of the amount of people saying the iMacs have been delayed because they've been waiting for most of November.

Apple stated November, they didn't state beginning of November or end of November. Simply November. What month is it right now? November!

We won't know if it's delayed unless Apple say so or it turns over to December 1st and we're sitting here with no order button.

/rant over

I disagree.
When respectable company say November, one assume they mean the middle of November, not the very last day of the month. This is cheap trick, which belong to small companies.

Further more, take for example the iTunes case, it said on the site: October and in the very last day it jumped to November.( at least in this case they said very clear that it will arrive at the end of November)
Every one here afraid it will happen again for the 21.5 Mac, because like the iTunes case no rumor or info is arriving regarding the iMac, and apple have only 5 days left for November

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
When a company says November, they mean November. We're still in November.
This is the very end of November, the same company knew very well to say the end of November in the iTunes case, they could say the same here. Not saying so, lead us to think that again they will postpone it.

tears2040

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2010
When a company says November, they mean November. We're still in November.

False
If it were going to wait till the last week of November they would have just said December.

My take, apple is having serious problems and honestly I don't think we will be seeing these imacs till December or early next year. I seriously hope I am wrong as I want the new imac like yesterday, but all signs point differently.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
False
If it were going to wait till the last week of November they would have just said December.

My take, apple is having serious problems and honestly I don't think we will be seeing these imacs till December or early next year. I seriously hope I am wrong as I want the new imac like yesterday, but all signs point differently.

Pfff I think this is gonna be a disaster... something is wrong with new iMacs :( I hope I'm wrong, I'm focusing on next Tuesday

bbapps

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Texas
Not saying there will be any iMac delays, but.... There is a rumor floating around that Apple is expected to make a major announcement on 2012-11-30 @ 23:59:59.999 PST; followed by some rather large explosions on the planet Mars. ;)

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I just think there's no way that anyone will have a new iMac in their hands before the end of nov. best case pre order starts at the end of the month and there's a 2-4 shipping wait.

seanm9

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2007
Cape Cod, MA
I was thinking about this this morning, and really find it odd that the just said november...
I dont remember an apple event where the presenter didn't say 1 of 3 things for a launch scenario...

the first was of course "Available Today"
and everyone would crash apple.com to order the latest Mac/iPod/iPhone, I think most Apple Events were like that...

the 2nd was "Pre-Order today, Launch in 2 Weeks" (or other finite timeframe)
Again much website crashes under the strain of pre-orders

Last was "Pre-Orders begin / Avaiable on xx/xx/20xx" (with an exact date)

I dont remeber an apple event where they said Month... seems like vaporware to me.

Didn't they stop going to Macworld Expo and other trade shows so they can release products on their own schedule and not the trade show's. Why have an event if the iMac is not ready...

I could be wrong about some of this but not all of this

Thunderbird

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2005

The iMacs ARE delayed. They are way past their normal update cycle. Apple even said they were delayed because of "screen lamination" issues.

Where did you get the idea people were saying iMacs were delayed because they were waiting for most of November?

akatsuki

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
I am a huge Apple fan, but frankly if you aren't already switching over to Windows for real "pro" use, you aren't seeing the writing on the wall. Apple is now aimed firmly at the prosumer - which is basically a consumer with too much cash to spend.

I am not saying their hardware isn't worth it, et al. But I am saying that if I had mission critical stuff that relied on Mac Pros being updated on a reasonable basis, I would not trust Apple to do so.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
The iMacs ARE delayed. They are way past their normal update cycle.

I'm not even gonna bother with that.

----------

I am a huge Apple fan, but frankly if you aren't already switching over to Windows for real "pro" use, you aren't seeing the writing on the wall. Apple is now aimed firmly at the prosumer - which is basically a consumer with too much cash to spend.

I am not saying their hardware isn't worth it, et al. But I am saying that if I had mission critical stuff that relied on Mac Pros being updated on a reasonable basis, I would not trust Apple to do so.

This will be the last Mac I'm buying unless the next Mac Pro turns out decent.

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
I was thinking about this this morning, and really find it odd that the just said november...
I dont remember an apple event where the presenter didn't say 1 of 3 things for a launch scenario...

the first was of course "Available Today"
and everyone would crash apple.com to order the latest Mac/iPod/iPhone, I think most Apple Events were like that...

the 2nd was "Pre-Order today, Launch in 2 Weeks" (or other finite timeframe)
Again much website crashes under the strain of pre-orders

Last was "Pre-Orders begin / Avaiable on xx/xx/20xx" (with an exact date)

I dont remeber an apple event where they said Month... seems like vaporware to me.

Didn't they stop going to Macworld Expo and other trade shows so they can release products on their own schedule and not the trade show's. Why have an event if the iMac is not ready...

I could be wrong about some of this but not all of this

Hey! You're right! They are only ever allowed to do it those three ways! I bet that because they are doing it differently this time means the entire company is in huge trouble. I bet they are about to declare bankruptcy. We should be watching the legal pages of the news paper. For the announcement today or tomorrow.

I wonder how they are going to deal with warranty issues next week after they get liquidated!

:)

(Going to the Mac rumors terms of service to make sure that extreme sarcasm is ok)
(Also, this is not directed specifically at you seanm9, just all the "apple dooms day theorists" in general)

seanm9

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2007
Cape Cod, MA
(Going to the Mac rumors terms of service to make sure that extreme sarcasm is ok)
you read way to much into what i said... i think i was just saying its different from how they normally did things... anyhow i up-voted that for great use of extreme sarcasm...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.