Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macuser1232

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
What's going on with my mail? My mail client is asking me for my email password and after I enter it in it keeps prompting me to enter in my password. http://i.imgur.com/zkbjp.png I've tried removing my account and re-creating it.

macuser1232

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
If you've verified that you're using the right password, it could be a temporary problem with the mail server.

I've noticed it through out today. I did "Reset My Default Keychain" in Keychain Access. Did that do anything?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I've noticed it through out today. I did "Reset My Default Keychain" in Keychain Access. Did that do anything?
Probably. Delete any Keychain entries for your mail accounts. Then enter them in Mail and let Keychain save them again.

macuser1232

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Probably. Delete any Keychain entries for your mail accounts. Then enter them in Mail and let Keychain save them again.

Worked thanks! But I have a feeling it's going to happen again because it happens every time after I reboot.

Nam Pla

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2009
Thailand
I've had this happen to me several times over several years and different computers. I think as GGJ says it's a mail server thing. The first couple times I tried checking and changing everything, but that was a pain and didn't help. Now I ignore it and it eventually corrects itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.