Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I was wondering too. Got the same but deleted them both. Was just a question of time until that pain swap over to .me/.cloud.
Now with more user maybe the focus of spammer move to us ? :eek:

phatboytim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
With all the crawlers all over the internet, and that fact that it isn't illegal for companies to sell advertising info, and you think Apple was the one that gave out your address?

As I have never ever given out that email address, or used it on any website, yes, I do believe Apple has given it out / had it taken from them / someone has targeted mobileme somehow.

Maybe you could read the thread properly from the start before you start posting cr@p please?

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I got the same exact emails mentioned in this thread. How disappointing.

Mail filters it as "junk" but still puts it in my inbox? What good does that do?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
As I have never ever given out that email address, or used it on any website, yes, I do believe Apple has given it out / had it taken from them / someone has targeted mobileme somehow.

Maybe you could read the thread properly from the start before you start posting cr@p please?

I did read it, do you know how much ad information your browsers give out?

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
While I highly doubt that Apple has given out any information, it's possible that it was a problem with their spam filters. It's very possible that there is spam coming to your account that you're completely unaware of, and these two just flew through the filters.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't use my .mac addy for anything and in the last few months spam was terrible. It got better for a bit and now I get 5-8 spam messages a day. Marking as spam on my iPad or iPhone is useless.

whathesaid

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Yep, Dr Oz has appeared with me too, never had any problems before, strange that all icloud emails are getting them now.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Then again when I mark something as spam, it doesn't send the email to trash immediately, nor does Apple's email system learn anything. Pretty terrible compared to Gmail if you ask me.

Just moving them to your Junk folder automatically in webmail reports them to spam@me.com.

From Apple: Mark spam messages as junk or move them to the Junk folder in webmail. These messages are automatically reported to spam@me.com.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4019?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
I been getting spam for s while too but only in 1 @me account (have 3) i even get spam from apple email :eek:

puvy7yqu.jpg

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Seriously. We should also be able to 'mark as spam' on iOS.

Exactly, people always say that icloud.com cant be access on iphone/ipad because the options are in the settings but theres a couple of things you can only do it on the website.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Spam in iCloud email account?

I have no idea how my email address got added to this but i keep getting these spam ads from people with apple domains. how do I stop it, not just block it?

they look like this

2ynm2d1.png

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Also got those emails. I guess spammers are just spamming every possible email configuration. You figured Apple's servers would be a little smarter than that!

Then again when I mark something as spam, it doesn't send the email to trash immediately, nor does Apple's email system learn anything. Pretty terrible compared to Gmail if you ask me.

Apple's e-mail system is very half-assed. The security is terrible compared to Google's too - two step authentication for GMail is excellent.

Not got any spam on mine thus far though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.