Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
I wish that Apple made the Notification center disappear while in-game. Meaning that when a game works in full screen the give me an option to turn off the pull down if the notification center, and I say an option in the game menu or even the phone options where I can chose to have it show like now or not show at all. Try playing Fruit Ninja... Apple crippled that game IMHO.

cnguyen0320

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2012
Well we need something like this. I'd prefer swiping either way but an x could be put there to please both preferences

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
I've always tried swiping to the right! Didn't think to try left...

I'm left handed...feels wrong to swipe to the left when I hold the phone in my left hand...

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I wish that Apple made the Notification center disappear while in-game. Meaning that when a game works in full screen the give me an option to turn off the pull down if the notification center, and I say an option in the game menu or even the phone options where I can chose to have it show like now or not show at all. Try playing Fruit Ninja... Apple crippled that game IMHO.

I agree. They can just put a toggle in NC like there is in Mountain Lion's Notification Center

7Jni.jpg

And instead of a tiny X, have a button:

C83W.jpg

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
iOS doesn't need more buttons, what we need is gestures; Apple mastered gestures on OSX, they need to step up their game for iOS.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Just give me the option to turn bluetooth on/off in notification pull down so I don't have to keep jbreaking and slowing my phone down.:rolleyes:

Virinprew

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Obviously we need that little 'X' button. A lot of people don't know that swipe feature including me.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Swiping from right to left works great.

We don't need more buttons, Apple should make people more aware of these things.

bronxred

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Bronx
Swiping Touch Issue

There is a problem with how Apple's handling the swiping. Half the time when I swipe a notification banner, nothing happens, and sometimes it launches the notifying app.

Similarly, on my iPad home screen, I've got to get the tiny point of my finger just right in the groove to open a notification into the desired app. And my fingers are pretty skinny.

As with any issue, some people are not having this issue and I'm pleased it's all "just working" for them, but I hope they're looking at making this work better for the rest of us.

:cool:

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
There is a problem with how Apple's handling the swiping. Half the time when I swipe a notification banner, nothing happens, and sometimes it launches the notifying app.

Similarly, on my iPad home screen, I've got to get the tiny point of my finger just right in the groove to open a notification into the desired app. And my fingers are pretty skinny.

As with any issue, some people are not having this issue and I'm pleased it's all "just working" for them, but I hope they're looking at making this work better for the rest of us.

:cool:

lol well said. I find it doesn't work that well, or maybe it's just not flawless like we've come to expect from Apple. I would prefer an X. I know it's not impossible, but IMO it's even more inconvenient with the iPhone 5 to stretch up with one hand and swipe vs. the 4. Looking forward to some type of improvement in iOS 7 although I would welcome the change even sooner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.