Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexandre16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Hi everyone.

I am new with aperture and i am trying to get only the background of an image, but i dont know how i can do it with aperture, i was searching in youtube and google but i didnt find anything that can help.

Anyone know if it is possible to do with aperture, and if it is, how can i do it?

Thanks

alexandre16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
You'll have to explain more precisely what you want to do, because it could mean many different things .

Well i have an image with some people and cars, and in the background have a beautiful part of an Autodromo, how can i take only the part of the Autodromo?

Thanks

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
If the people are standing to the side of what you want, you can use the crop tool to isolate just that part of the photo. If the people are standing in front of the subject, Aperture has no way to just remove the people. That is a fairly advanced PhotoShop operation.

Post the pic so we can see what your talking about.

Dale

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi everyone.

I am new with aperture and i am trying to get only the background of an image, but i dont know how i can do it with aperture, i was searching in youtube and google but i didnt find anything that can help.

Anyone know if it is possible to do with aperture, and if it is, how can i do it?

Thanks

Aperture is not an image editor. For that get a copy of Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop "Elements is not expensive and does everything you'd want. In Aperture (and also in iPhoto) you can specify in Preferences which app to use as your "image editor" then when you double click an image it comes up in that app and when you save it goes back to Aperture/iPhoto.

Aperture is for sorting, storing, organizing an for making limited adjustments and crops to images. Yes it does have so simple editing tools for re-touch and so on. But for rely edits, like removing objects, you need something like PS "Elements".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.