Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake-Shakey

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2012
My current set up. Just a 2.2 GHz Intel i7 15" Macbook Pro. Hooked up to an ex-display giant iPhone 3,which i converted to a HDMI input via mini display port.

J.Appleseed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2012
The Netherlands
It's been a while since I posted my last setup.. reorganized it yesterday.
I guess everything speaks for itself..

Not in sight is my Samsung Galaxy Note which I used to make the photo :)

Setup.jpg

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2012
One thing I don't understand. Y'all guys spending hundreds on expensive hardware but keep forgetting about the most important - yourself. What i mean by that is high quality chair, footstool, appropriate lightning etc. Keep it real with yourself... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353859683.017052.jpg

Last edited:

J.Appleseed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2012
The Netherlands
One thing I don't understand. Y'all guys spending hundreds on expensive hardware but keep forgetting about the most important - yourself. What i mean by that is expensive chair, lightning etc. Keep it real with yourself... View attachment 379596

My € 75-ish chair is comfortable enough for me... granted, a lot of my computer usage happens while I'm on the road so I don't really spend a lot of time at my desk, but still.

It does the job and I like it, I don't need a € 250 chair for that.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2012
My € 75-ish chair is comfortable enough for me... granted, a lot of my computer usage happens while I'm on the road so I don't really spend a lot of time at my desk, but still.

It does the job and I like it, I don't need a € 250 chair for that.

I've seen identical for $25 lol. This 'does the job' saying is so overrated in fact doesn't even make sense in regards with having latest 'up to date' hardware which just cos its 2009-201 'doesn't do the job'...

Last edited by a moderator:

ForceGhost

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2012
Bournemouth, UK
I've seen identical for $25 lol. This 'does the job' saying is so overrated in fact doesn't even make sense in regards with having latest 'up to date' hardware which just cos its 2009-201 'doesn't do the job'...

You don't need to spend a tonne of money to get good quality products that are good for your health.

Just because the chair was $25 doesn't mean it was a bad chair or is going to cause him any injury by using it.

If anything, More expensive chairs are more adjustable and can end up with the user adjusting them incorrectly and doing more damage than good.

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008

Maybe some of us just aren't as sensitive? I got my chair on sale several years ago at Staples for $60, and I've been fine with it. I have no complaints about back pain or shoulder pain or any other kind of pain, so why upgrade when I don't need it? Some people spend thousands of dollars on speakers; I use the built-in speakers of my rMBP. I have no complaints, so why spend the money?

I also held onto my late-2006 MBP until a couple months ago when it died. I just had no reason to get something better when what I had served me fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.