Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
If TV has VGA input, YES.

Not ALL Air has the same output port however, an not versed on all Air's literations.

Do you know whether it's possible with the 2011/12 models? Looks like it is with 12 models based on the Apple website but I'm not sure about 2011.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I have a 2011 and I believe 2012 also both have thunderbolt ports so u must use a thundebolt adapter. Thunderbolt to VGA or Thunderbolt to hdmi.

The previous Air I believe had a DVI port (a hdmi port without audio), so for those u need a plain DVI cable and a separate audio cable.

Of course u can always go, the heck with cables, and Mirror (wirelessly) from your 11/12 Air to an HDTV via an Apple TV box.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
I have a 2011 and I believe 2012 also both have thunderbolt ports so u must use a thundebolt adapter. Thunderbolt to VGA or Thunderbolt to hdmi.

The previous Air I believe had a DVI port (a hdmi port without audio), so for those u need a plain DVI cable and a separate audio cable.

Of course u can always go, the heck with cables, and Mirror (wirelessly) from your 11/12 Air to an HDTV via an Apple TV box.

You can use Mini-Displayport adapters with Thunderbolt ports.

hlkc

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Watch out with some of the cheap adapters. They have trouble transmitting audio. Make sure you read reviews before you buy.

I've been using this monoprice piece in my Asus P8Z77 V-Premium Windows based HTPC and my 2012 MBA, I guarantee it is working, both audio and video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.