Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
I have a Macbook Pro from 2010 when they started using i5 and i7 processors. I have not upgraded to Lion or Mountain Lion OSX. I have been looking around this site and people are wanting to stay at 10.6.8, which is where i am at, I suppose. I was planning on upgrading to the latest but I am concerned how much RAM it's going to take up. I have currently have 4 GB RAM and would want to upgrade to 8 GB. Would that be possible with 2010 15" Macbook pro 2.53 Ghz? Is it removeable?

Next, since Black Friday, I am starting to want to keep my items as long as they can perform well regularly. I was thinking about getting a new Macbook Pro even though the one I have is only two years old. And I want to replace my iPhone 4, which is two years old now, with iPhone 5. But they both still perform very well despite my iPhone 4 has scratches on it now. Also, my iPhone 16 GB, is still on unlimited plan. What to do? upgrade?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.