Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timcullis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
London
http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac

To be honest I didn't expect them either. I posted the quoted text below on 9 November before I was aware of Black Friday. Taking that into account and acknowledging that Mondays are not normally launch days as this means web sites are being updated in the weekend ( :( ), then Tuesday 27 would be the earliest likely date.

I reckon the 21" model will be towards the end of November... In an ideal world each product would get its own launch window to ensure repeated footfall within the Apple stores. The second tranche (cellular) of iPad minis and 4th gen iPads seem to be coming around 16-21 November, so if I were Apple I wouldn't be looking to muddy the waters by launching the iMac then.

Move another week further on and you are either on 23 November or into the week commending 26 November, which is course is the last possible week if Apple is to make good on its November commitment.

As for the 27" models, they could follow one or two weeks later, so w/c 3 or 10 December. Any later than 14 December and punters will have their minds focused on other things as Christmas approaches...

Of course, all of this is total speculation... :rolleyes:

The reason I'm reposting the above text is because I think Apple's decision to launch towards the end of the stated month is partly driven by the desire to have a reasonable level of stocks available, but also by the sensible plan to separate out the different events as far as the stores are concerned.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
I wonder if all the Apple store sites will update at the same time, so if its Tuesday US time it will be Wednesday morning here

hammonda1

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Tuesday Hopefully

Hopefully we will have better news in the next few hours on Apple Australia as they go into Tuesday:)

Last edited:

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
Not sure, I think it will be declared to order in USA and then in the rest of the world.
Apple, time is running out for you 3 days left!!

Lankyman

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
U.K.
Not sure, I think it will be declared to order in USA and then in the rest of the world.
Apple, time is running out for you 3 days left!!

As said previously they only need to release half a dozen to fulfil their commitment to a November launch.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
As said previously they only need to release half a dozen to fulfil their commitment to a November launch.

Why even bother with this???
they could start pre order before a week, with waiting time of a month. Problem solved
Not doing so, show that they are not even close to,produce half dozen...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.