Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nolegirl01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Will my iHome ip90 work with my iPhone 5? I know I have to buy the adapter (this is so lame btw, not really happy with apple about this, but what are you gonna do...) but I was just wondering if with the adapter will I still be able to use it as speakers for my phone? Also if someone has an iHome and iPhone 5 how does it look with the adapter? Can the phone still sit up when docked? and does it look super tall? Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009

Well considering the adapter doesn't come out until "october" might be kind of hard to find anyone with experience eh?

With that said, the adapter will allow analog and digital audio out so it should work just fine. The only thing the new adapter won't do is analog video out, but that shouldn't matter in your case.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Since the adapter is not on sale yet (release date is "October") no one knows with 100% certainty.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
The only way i could see it working is if iHome comes up with some special piece that connects to the dock with a high back to support the iP5.

On a related note, has anyone seen any sort of iHome or iHome-like alarm radio for the iP5 yet, or does anyone know when one will be released, please?

dlsife

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
I read somewhere that this will let you play music through the iP90 but it won't charge. I'm interested to hear if someone ultimately gets this an tries it.

Parolotto

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Italy
Hi, I write from Italy. I also have iHome iP90 and i've purchased the new iPhone 5. I've also purchased the new cable lightning to 30 pin (not only the connector) because i use the iPhone with a cover. Do you know if I can modify the connector of the iHome to create a lightning connector as the original 30 pin?

In these nights i've charged the iPhone with that cable but the charge has stopped at 99%. Why the charge does not reach 100%? iHome is not compatible with the iPhone 5?

Thanks to all. :)

Richc23

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2011
I bought the 1" lightening adapter and am able to plug my iPhone 5 into the top of my IP90. It charges and plays music. Just make sure you buy an official Apple adapter and not a cheap knock off. I don't use the docking insert the iHome provided. Its not pretty and a bit delicate, and would not recommend buying a new IP90 for a iPhone 5. But if, like me, you bought the IP90 for your earlier iPhone, you can keep using it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.