Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
Yes, he's going to sacrifice a Windows PC at the altar of the iMac in the hope of online orders...

Well if the weird Chinese gadget website is right and the iMac goes on sale Tuesday at midnight pacific standard time then he's about a day off.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
Apple will ALWAYS release/update products on Pacific time zone. They won't accomodate to other regions first and luckily I won't need to sleep before they go on sale tomorrow since I live in Hawaii, 2 hours behind CA time. I can't wait to see the custom config options or the pre-order sale for the 27" (I hope).

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
Apple will ALWAYS release/update products on Pacific time zone. They won't accomodate to other regions first and luckily I won't need to sleep before they go on sale tomorrow since I live in Hawaii, 2 hours behind CA time. I can't wait to see the custom config options or the pre-order sale for the 27" (I hope).

I live in NZ as well as the OP but I would never think about buying an apple product here. $500 more just because it has to go through AUS first? No thanks. I'm buying mine on the US store and having my sister ship it to me.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
How quickly do you think the iMacs will go out of stock?

I think there's not gonna be shortages, shipments in 3/4 week independent on anything because they are gonna produce providing the demand that is not higher like iPads or iPhones. They don't wanna have stopped stock of iMacs, it's better to build after order.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Cupertino Hour is the important!!

Not really. Apart from when the store is refreshed during or just after a keynote, the Apple store closes down around 9:30 AM UK Time on the day, which is very early for Cupertino. This is the pattern that has been followed for at least the last two years. You can expect the store to close either tomorrow or Wednesday around 9:30 / 10:00 am UK time.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Not really. Apart from when the store is refreshed during or just after a keynote, the Apple store closes down around 9:30 AM UK Time on the day, which is very early for Cupertino. This is the pattern that has been followed for at least the last two years. You can expect the store to close either tomorrow or Wednesday around 9:30 / 10:00 am UK time.

Ok, i'm in Barcelona/Spain so i will wait till Wednesday keeping my hopes :)

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
You might want to act fast!

How quickly do you think the iMacs will go out of stock?

Just a WAG, but Tim said supplies would be limited for awhile. They will have enough for the first day, but I think it will then be a couple of weeks. They will flog their workers to get the 21.5 to you before Christmas but maybe not the 27.

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
20121126-233255.jpg

This is why I don't buy apple in NZ.
(Crazy!)
Is it this bad elsewhere?

Chrisxenofontos

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2011
Nicosia
Just a WAG, but Tim said supplies would be limited for awhile. They will have enough for the first day, but I think it will then be a couple of weeks. They will flog their workers to get the 21.5 to you before Christmas but maybe not the 27.

so what time to expect it tomorrow in UK online store? :):apple:

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none

(Crazy!)

This has been discussed about 1,000,000 times on this forum before. There is a multitude of economic reasons for this. I would suggest reading up about micro and macro economics. But to keep it simple and save you some time: the biggest reason for the difference is the fact that the US price does not include the sales tax. I am not sure what your post has to do with this topic though?

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I was about to say: but the US store doesn't have taxes..

Then I saw. And I laughed at your misfortune.

I'm across the pond, and including NY State tax, the low config RMBP is only about $100 more here.

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
This has been discussed about 1,000,000 times on this forum before. There is a multitude of economic reasons for this. I would suggest reading up about micro and macro economics. But to keep it simple and save you some time: the biggest reason for the difference is the fact that the US price does not include the sales tax. I am not sure what your post has to do with this topic though?

Na, I added it to cart with shipping info so the sales tax is there on the US site.
Any other simple reasons?

(The topic is buying an apple in NZ. I'd say my post is slightly relevant)

mazakii

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
Na, I added it to cart with shipping info so the sales tax is there on the US site.

It's worse in the EU.
I normally would check out Brazil's Apple store to make myself feel a hell lot better.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none

Well, to put it simply, travel around the world and you'll find that people don't get paid the same for doing the same jobs in different countries and a pint of the same beer does not cost the same everywhere.

mazakii

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
Well, to put it simply, travel around the world and you'll find that people don't get paid the same for doing the same jobs in different countries and a pint of the same beer does not cost the same everywhere.

Yep. Considering a pint costs £7, a meal for two easily costs over £200 in Norway.
Apple have been really humble with Northern Europeans.

chris1987

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
Oh well. iMac tomorrow. Yay.

What makes you think that?

Sure, they announce products on a Tuesday.. can't seem to remember too many cases where they physically release a product on a Tuesday (without the same day Keynote/release of course).

----------

I have no idea if it will be 9AM GMT or 9AM PST if/when they release the iMac.

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER

(Crazy!)

That same configuration in Japan with Educational Discount is 2,600 USD or 3,150 NZD.

Holy Moly Sheepman, that's a ripoff!!! Just find comfort in the fact that you've got really good ice cream and chocolate. The NZ Warriors were crappy last year though...

No wonder I don't think these new Imacs are overly expensive.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

Actually with the iPad mini/iPhone 5 (Not sure about earlier ones), New Zealand was the first country to get them and bloggers were blogging about it.

----------

20121126-233255.jpg

(Crazy!)

$3635NZ is $2,988US.

And the US prices on the Apple Store don't include tax...

Edit: Never mind...I missed that you already converted it...thought the $3635 was the NZ price.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.